Chapter 28: First date

Pov y/n

As I'm on my way to the parking lot, I think about what she could have planned.
It sounded like this wasn't just some spontaneous idea. It sounded like she knows where she wants to take me and that makes my heart melt a little.
She thinks of me even when we're not together.

I step onto the parking lot and see her car.
Before going closer, I look around but as expected, no one is here. But I still hurry up a little, not wanting to risk anything. When I slip into her car, she smiles widely at me.

"I would like to give you a kiss right now but I feel like we shouldn't do that out in the open, even if no one is around." She sighs a little and I nod in agreement, even though I would really like to kiss her as well.

She gives me a short smile and I buckle up before she starts the engine and drives off the parking lot.

No matter how much I ask, she doesn't tell me where we're headed and it only makes me more excited.
I notice that we are headed outside the city and into nature and try to think of anything that's here that could be seen as special but nothing comes to my mind.

"How was the lecture?" She starts a conversation while driving and glances over at me.

"It was alright. A little boring but I guess that's what I get for choosing history. It's not always boring, don't get me wrong but we mainly talked about dates we should know, all within a month or two in the same year. I'm not sure how they expect us to remember all of that but they somehow do." I groan a little at the memory and she chuckles and rests her hand on my thigh, making me look at her.

"I'm sure you can do it, you just have to figure out how you can remember stuff the best." She says supportively and I sigh.

"When they are important to me." I reply and she chuckles.

"Do you remember when the book we are currently reading came out and from where it is?" She asks and I scrunch my eyebrows up in thought.

"I think it's from Italy and around 1875?" I ask and she sways her head from one side to the other.

"Almost, it's from 1876." She says and I glare at her.

"I think I am close enough with my date." I tell her and she laughs and gives my leg a gentle squeeze.

"My point is, you remembered the facts, almost completely and close enough, so you can do that in history as well." She encourages me and I lean my head back, my eye staying on her side profile that's really beautiful.

"That's because I'm interested in the subject." I explain and a soft smile tugs on her lips.

"You are?" She asks, sounding surprised.

"Yes and that hasn't happened the last two semesters. I think I might stick with this major." I tell her and even from the side I can see her eyes lighting up and she squeezes my thigh again.

"That's so great, I am really glad, babe. I didn't know you liked the subject that much." She says honestly and I smile.

"I do, it's really interesting. Sure, it might help that you are goddamn attractive but it's really interesting to learn about all this and the way you teach is interesting as well." I tell her and see that she is seriously happy about my words.

"You really think so?" I hum in agreement.
"Thank you, that really means a lot to me. I really enjoy teaching but sometimes I worry that it's not interesting." She shares and I shake my head.

"But it is and I really like coming to your lectures." I emphasize and put my hand over hers, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles.

She turns her hand around and intertwines her fingers with mine, lifting them up and placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand, making my heart flutter a little.