Chapter 12: The talk

Pov y/n

I wake up with my head buzzing and a little confused as to where I am.
I look around, not really recognizing the living room.
When I sit up, I get a headache and hiss a little.
Why did I drink so much last night?

I look at the coffee table next to me and see a glass of water there and an aspirin next to it and smile a little, that's cute.

Slowly the memory comes back and I remember that I'm at Natasha's apartment and that I yelled at her last night for treating me the way she did.
It felt good to yell at her but I don't really remember what exactly I said, I just know we wanted to talk again today.

When a new wave of headache arrives, I take the aspirin and empty the water glass. The couch was surprisingly comfortable and my back doesn't hurt at all.
I stretch and suddenly smell coffee and pancakes, my mouth starting to water and I get up.
Following the smell leads me into the kitchen.

It's a really nice one and quite big. When coming in, there's the counter on the right side and a little kitchen isle opposite of it, probably with bar stools. A little further down in the room, there's a dinning room table with four seats.
Natasha is standing at the stove, making pancakes and seeming lost in her thoughts.
I'm not quite sure how to act, so I knock at the doorframe and her eyes look up at me, a little smile playing around her lips. Her behavior really is confusing.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" She asks and I step into the kitchen, walking around the counter and sitting down on one of the stools, that I rightfully assumed to be there.

"Good morning. As if a bus drove over me." I reply and rest my elbows on the counter, letting my head fall into my hands. She chuckles a bit, but not in a mean way.

"It seemed like you had quite a lot of alcohol last night." She notices and I nod.

"There were shots and a few drinks." I recall and she hums before turning around to look at me.

"Do you drink coffee?" She asks and I nod, the thought of coffee is really nice right now. She gets out a cup for me and looks at me.

"Milk, sugar or anything else?" She asks.
"A little bit of both." I answer and she nods, filling the cup with coffee and handing it to me before sliding milk and sugar over to me, so I can mix it the way I want it.
I notice her watching me carefully and once again think about how weird this is.

On the one hand she is so sweet and soft or hot and on the other, she is cold and distant. It confuses me, especially with my still sleepy brain, so I ignore that thought for now and just enjoy my coffee.

"I made pancakes, I hope you like them." She says and looks at me in question. I nod and make big eyes, when she puts a plate of pancakes down in front of me before getting out two plates and cutlery.
Before sitting down, she gets her own coffee and some already cut strawberries from the fridge.

We eat in silence and I feel how my body slowly comes back to life. It actually is a calm atmosphere but it's a little overshadowed by being weird. After breakfast, I help her put everything in the dishwasher. I look down at myself.
Currently, I'm wearing a t-shirt of hers and sweat pants. It's actually really comfortable but they're still her clothes and knowing what kind of talk we are about to have, I feel like I should wear my own clothes for that.

I excuse myself to go to the bathroom and get ready, grabbing my things from the living room on the way. When I look into the mirror, I am not surprised by what I see. I wash my face and feel a little fresher before I switch back to my clothes.
When I step back into the living room, I see that Natasha already cleaned everything up.