Chapter 29: After date shenanigans

Pov y/n

The drive back feels a little longer and I’m freezing a little bit, even though Natasha turned the heating on.
I realize that this is the second time I’m sitting drenched in water in her car. Seems like this is our thing now, me getting wet and her making sure I am warm enough.

I feel her slightly worried glances on me as we drive to her apartment since it’s a bit closer.

“How about you take a bath when we get to my place? I really don’t want you to get sick again, especially not with your big game coming up.” She suggests and I agree.

Missing my game would really be horrible, especially since I already missed out on the first one.

We arrive at her apartment and get inside. I instantly walk into her bathroom, not wanting to drip onto her hallway floor. She starts to run me a bath and I feel a little like a child that fell into a river.
Well, I am kind of but still. Nat seems to notice my mood and takes my hands, placing a kiss on my cheek.

“It’s nothing bad that you fell into the water. Stuff like that happens.” She assures me and I huff a little.
“But not to an adult.” I say and she shakes her head.

“To adults just as much as to children.” She says and I purse my lips a little. “And I know that doesn’t really help right now but you look really adorable right now.”

I look down at myself. My pants completely wet and a little dirty, my shoes covered in mud and my top halfway drenched. I look back at Nat and raise my eyebrow.

“Are you sure you’re seeing the same as I do?” I ask and she chuckles a bit and nods.

“I am and I still think it’s cute.” She assures me and kisses my cheek again. “But let’s get you all warmed up again.”
Her hands run over my arms, giving me a bit of warmth.
She helps me get out of my shirt since it’s sticking disgustingly to my skin.

Luckily, my bra is still dry and I can wear it later again.
After giving me a kiss and putting some bath oil into the water, she gives me some privacy and I shimmy out of my jeans and underwear before getting into the bathtub, sighing at the warm water. I just enjoy the warmth around me and feel my body temperature rising again.
A light knock on the door pulls me back to reality.

“Can I come in? Or would you prefer if I stayed outside?” A muffled Natasha asks and I smile at her question.
A lot of people might just walk in, assuming their partner would be okay with it after they already saw them naked, so I think it’s really sweet and considerate of her to ask.

“You can come in, babe.” I answer and when she opens the door, her eyes sparkle at the new name. She carries a towel and some of her clothes for me to put on after the bath.

“Are you getting warm again?” She asks and places the things down on her counter next to the sink. I can tell she is trying her best just to look at my face and not my naked body and it makes me smirk a little bit.

“I’m all warmed up again, thank you.” I reply and she smiles softly and leans a little closer.
But before she can kiss my cheek, I turn my head and kiss her lips. She smiles in surprise but returns the kiss.

“By the way, you are allowed to look.” I say and she smiles softly before allowing her eyes to look over my body. Usually, I would feel exposed or vulnerable but she never looked at me in any way that would make me think she doesn’t like my naked form and I appreciate that more than I can say. She subconsciously licks her lips and my body heats up even more.

“Do you want to bathe a little longer or do you want to come out?” She asks, her eyes back at me.

“I think I would come out now.” I say and she nods and leaves the bathroom, giving me some privacy. I get out and dry myself off.