Chapter 19: Afternoon

Pov y/n

My phone vibrates and I pull it out to see who texted me.
It's a text in a group chat. There's gonna be a party in college this weekend.
They managed to convince the principal to let them have a couple of the classrooms and do a party in them.
I look up from my phone, to see Peter and Yelena look at their phones as well, looks like the message got around.

"A party? In the classrooms?" Peter asks and frowns a bit, unsure what to think about that, sharing my opinion. I mean, it's probably cool but I'm not sure, it could also be a total fail.

"But they won't be in the labs, right?" He asks almost panicked and I chuckle a bit and pad his shoulder.

"I am pretty sure they won't. There is stuff stored there that could literally blow the party up. Besides, as if Mr. Stark would allow us to use the labs." I assure him and he visibly breathes out and relaxes.

"Good, okay." He says and Yelena grins and I know she can't help it but to tease him.
She never means it in a bad way, it's kinda just her way of showing someone she likes them. As long as she teases you, it's a sign she is comfortable around you and trusts you.

"Why? Got any special projects in there, Parker?" She asks and wiggles her eyebrows. Peter shoots her a short look before nodding.

"Actually yes. It's nothing in the way you think though. Ned, MJ and I are currently working on a project that will be presented instead of writing midterms." He tells us proudly and I nod impressed. Yelena also seems impressed by that.

"That's pretty cool. What kind of project?" She asks and for the next ten minutes, Peter excitedly tells us everything about the project.

I understand close to nothing but nod along and try my best to match his energy because lets be honest, a friend that matches your energy is the best you can get.

Yelena seems to understand what he's talking about though and they talk for a while.
I zone out because I couldn't say anything smart anyways.
Instead, I look around and when I see MJ and Ned approaching, I wave them over and reach out my hand to them.

"Save me please. I'm trying to be polite but they are talking about things that I don't understand at all." I say in a whiny voice, leaning over the beanbag I'm currently sitting in.
Ned listens to what they are saying before excitedly joining in. MJ watches that amused.

"Traitor." I grumble and look up at her, reaching my hand out again.
"Save me." I repeat and she playfully rolls her eyes and sits down in my beanbag as well. It's big enough for two people but I shuffle a little to the side, so she doesn't have to sit halfway on the ground.

"You would understand more if you had chosen anything that's connected to computer science and that stuff, you know?" She says and I wave it off.

"Might as well chose history then, would be just as interesting."
She snickers. "Don't you have history as one of your classes?"

I sigh and nod. She just shakes her head and giggles. "As long as the rest of your classes make you happy for once..."

"They do actually. And that means a lot for me. As you know, I usually get bored after a month at least but not with this subject, so maybe I will stick with it. Depends a little on the exams and my grades." I tell her and she smiles.

It's the truth though because I really like this major and no, it's not just because of my hot teacher. That surely adds to making the classes more enjoyable but the subject itself is pretty interesting. It's a lot sometimes and I still have to take some more time to catch up on a few things but I'm starting to get the hang of it.