Chapter 23: She knows?

Pov y/n

I nuzzle my head a little further into her neck, feeling her fingers gently brushing over my back.
Her hand is underneath my shirt, since we’ve been cuddling for a little while and I wanted to feel her fingers on my skin. My arm is draped over her stomach and our legs are entangled. Her other hand plays with a strain of my hair.

“I like this a lot.” I mumble against her.
“I really like it too.” She hums and places a kiss on my head, making butterflies appear in my stomach.

“I wish we could stay like this forever.” I sigh and look up at her. She chuckles a bit and looks at me with that soft look in her eyes that only I get to see.

“Me too. But we can’t because we eventually have to get food and water.” She says and I grumble and bury my head back in her neck.

“Stop being so realistic. That’s so adulty.”

She laughs a little and kisses my head again.
“You’re an adult too, you know?”
I look up at her again and frown a little.
“Yeah but I didn’t chose to be.” I explain and she laughs with a soft smile.

“You don’t wanna be an adult?” She asks and I shake my head.
“I mean, it’s great and all but it’s also kinda exhausting, you know? Sometimes I just wanna stay in bed all day or just do whatever I want without having to think about chores or homework or if the action might be dumb.” I explain further and she nods slowly.

“That’s true, that would be nice. But being an adult also means you can make your own decision and don’t have to ask your parents for permission to do anything basically.” She thinks out loud.

She’s not wrong, I like being independent. I just don’t want to have so much responsibility sometimes. I lay back onto her chest and she chuckles a bit and waves her hand through my hair. After a while of silence, she speaks up.

“About last night…” I hum, telling her I’m paying attention.

“I know I got jealous and maybe a bit possessive. And I know that that’s not really healthy in any kind of relationship.” She starts, sounding a bit less confident than usual.
I tilt my head to look up at her, resting my hand underneath my head.

“It was hot though.” I tell her and she looks at me, a little surprised.
“You think it was hot?” She asks and I nod. Just thinking about it makes my heartbeat pick up.

“What you pulled back in your office…I thought my body was gonna light up in flames, so hot I got. But I do understand your point about jealousy and possessiveness. It’s not a nice feeling but it’s also not something you can really control.” I tell her and she nods slowly.

“I trust you, you know?” She says and I smile a little.
“I trust you too. I didn’t doubt that you trust me. Jealousy can still rise up and that’s okay. You didn’t do anything inappropriate or against my will, so there’s nothing wrong with it.”
She nods, thinking about my words.

“I have to admit, what I did last night was on purpose. It was to tease you a little but I never meant to hurt your feelings and I’m sorry if I did.”
Nat looks at me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

“You didn’t, don’t worry. It did fulfil its purpose, I got jealous. Mainly because I wanted to be the one you’re dancing with and who touches you like that. I don’t have anything against your friend or you two dancing together like that. I just wished I could be in her place, that’s it.” She explains her view and I hum.

“I think, as long as we talk about this kind of things, it’s okay. I am aware that it can be seen as a red flag or toxic but I feel like, as long as we communicate and both feel comfortable with the situation, it’s nothing to worry about.” She says and I smile at her words.