Chapter 20: Party

TW: alcohol

Pov y/n

The music is blasting through the hallways as we arrive.
We don't need anyone to tell us where the party is because we just follow the music and the louder it grows, the closer we get.

We being Yelena, MJ, Peter, Kate and I. Ned didn't want to come tonight, since he still has an assignment to catch up on.
MJ and Peter are holding hands and are as cute as ever. They kinda wear matching clothes, at least matching in the color scheme.

Kate went for black pants, a white top tugged into it and a flannel over it. Yelena wears a dark blue jumpsuit that shows a bit cleavage but not revealing anything.
Compared to the others, I seem a little overdressed. Yelena and I went through both our closets to find this and none of us knows why she owned this in the first place.

It's a black dress that ends midthigh and has thin straps keeping it up. I decided on a black bra as well, so it won't be too obvious.
The dress is a little more revealing than Yelena's jumpsuit but leaves everything important to the imagination.
It's a little tighter but not skintight, which I'm glad about since I wouldn't have been comfortable in that.

Underneath it, I wear a short pair of tights, just to make sure nothing is on display in case the dress lifts up when I dance.
The tights aren't visible as long as the dress is in its normal place though. Lena tried to convince me to wear high heels, or at least shoes with a bit height but I declined that strongly. I'm not good at walking in those kind of shoes and they also aren't comfortable, so not really the best pick for a possible long night.

Now I'm wearing sneakers and am happy with that choice.
We get closer to the party and see the first few students in the hallways.
Some of them are just chatting, others are drinking and a few are making out. I look away.
Not because I have something against straight couples but because it feels wrong to stare at them while they kiss.

I also notice two boys making out and smile a little bit to myself. It's always nice to see gays happy and living as if it was normal to be gay, which it is but society hasn't accepted
that yet.

But that's not something I wanna think about when I'm on the way to a party.
And there's the first classroom that's part of the party. We look into it.

There are a lot of people and a music box but not the main source of the music.
A few students stand behind a row of desks, giving out drinks that I'm not sure what it is but looks like some mysterious mixture, probably containing alcohol. At least, it smells a little like alcohol and some of the students here surely act tipsy.

But there are also bottles with soda and water. I'm honestly impressed that who ever organized this, managed to find people who work behind a 'bar' for tonight.
Or maybe they switch after an hour, I don't know.
Since we don't want any drinks right now, we move on and find another classroom, that's set up for drinking games.

Multiple people are playing beer pong and I'm just glad this isn't my classroom because it will smell like beer on Monday, no matter how long they'll open the windows or wipe the tables.

The room next to it seems to be for relaxing and chatting, which is a little hard with the music being pretty loud here but they tried.
And the next room, a very large one, seems to be one of the main rooms.
The music is loud and the bass makes the ground vibrate a little.

The light is dimmed and party lights are on. A bunch of students are on the dancefloor, moving and singing along to the music that's playing. The air is thick but no one seems to care.

"Looks like we aren't early after all." Kate yells over the music and grins at Yelena, reminding us of the conversation of earlier.

Yelena didn't want to arrive when nothing is happening and no one is there. To put it differently: she wanted to be fashionably late.
We managed that but mainly because Peter wanted to get some fries before coming here. Since he was the one driving, we didn't really have a choice and shared some fries as well. Not the dumbest idea considering some of us might drink tonight.