Chapter 27: Back in class

Pov y/n

Luckily, the fever was over after the weekend and on Tuesday I was as good as new.
Nat took care of me the rest of the day but went home before Yelena came because I wanted to talk to her alone first because otherwise, she might have yelled at Nat.

Yelena wasn't too excited about me and Natasha trying it again but she still supported me because it makes me happy and that's all that matters. What she did say though, is that if Nat hurts me like that again, she can be sure that Lena will pay her a visit and not a friendly one.

I love Yelena and she has always been quite protective, so I didn't doubt that she would at least have a talk with Natasha. But I didn't tell Nat about the threat though because I trust that she won't hurt me again, even if it was unintentionally the first time.

After missing a week of lectures, I was pretty much behind the things we did and had a little trouble catching up but Nat made sure I knew what we did and offered to help me if I had any questions at all.

Interestingly enough, Jess offered to help me as well but this time it really just seemed friendly and not in a flirty way or anything. I thanked her but told her I'll try to catch up on my own.

So, I pretty much spent my free time on Tuesday to work through everything we did and ended up on a long call with Natasha, speaking over the assignments and what I didn't understand. I might have fallen asleep while working on my last assignment and wake up the next morning to a text from her.
I smile at her sweet words and gather my things that are either on my bed or my floor and put them in my bag before getting ready for the day.

It's Yelena's turn with preparing breakfast today. We made this rule that each week one of us makes a special breakfast, so we won't always eat the same stuff and get bored by it. The smell of eggs and toast fills my nose and I smile when I step into the kitchen.

"Smells delicious." I say and fill up my water bottle for today.
"It also tastes great." She replies and I glance over at her with a chuckle.

"Did you try it already?" I ask with an amused grin and she shakes her head.
"No, but I just know that it will taste great." She answers and points the spatula at me.

I nod and hold up my hands in surrender, making her giggle a bit.
We have a calm breakfast and walk to campus before our ways split. I walk towards my classroom, in a pretty good mood because I'm actually looking forward to today's lecture.
Not just because I will see Nat again but because I really enjoy this subject and with every passing week, I think more and more about sticking with it.
Sure, it'll make the thing between Nat and me even more complicated but I also don't want to switch my major again and I'm optimistic, we're gonna figure it out.

When she walks into class, I can't help it but to smile. I haven't seen her since she was over at Friday and it's nice to see her again now.
She locks eyes with me for a second before going to her desk and in that second I saw a lot of softness in her eyes.
I'm pretty sure, if we weren't in a room full of students, she would have smiled at me, that sweet smile that she seems to have only for me. Whenever she smiles in class, it's a different one, it's not quite as soft and adoring. I really love her smile, it always makes me happy. God, I'm really into her.

I frown a little.
Wait a minute, I'm into her? Like falling for her?
I think so, yeah...
This is actually a happy realization but also kind of scary because I am not sure what she feels towards me. And if she doesn't return those feelings, it might get weird or so. But she did say she cares about me and it looked like she really does, a lot. 

The lecture goes by rather quickly and when it ends, she asks me to stay behind to talk about what I have been missing the past week. I'm a little surprised by that because I though I caught up on everything but apparently not.
When she gets up and closes the door behind the last student, I sense that this might not just be about me missing last week. She comes to my desk and offers her hand to me. I take it and let her pull me up. Her arms wrap around my waist and I eye the door, afraid someone might catch us.

"Don't worry, I locked it." She says and I raise my eyebrows.
"Sure, that won't be suspicious at all when you lock yourself and a student inside a classroom." I reply sarcastically and she chuckles a bit.

"I just wanted to have a moment with you." She explains and kisses my cheek. I smile at the sweetness in her voice and rest my arms on her shoulders.

"Alright, I guess that's okay." I smile and her eyes light up in delight. She leans in and softly connects our lips and I smile into the kiss, having missed this. The kiss stays sweet and innocent and when we pull away, she leans her forehead against mine.

"How many lectures do you have today?" She asks and I think before answering, playing with a few strains of her hair that are loose today.

"Just one more." I reply and she hums and smiles.
"That fits very good because I have free after this and I was hoping you'd have time this afternoon. Because I wanted to ask you out." She says and my heart starts to beat faster and I feel a bit of excitement inside me.

"On a date?" I ask and she nods. "But, we shouldn't be seen together."
She nods again and rubs soft circles onto my waist with her thumbs.

"I know, that's why I chose a spot that won't be crowded at all." She explains and I look at her curiously.

"Where are you taking me, Tasha?" I ask and her eyes sparkle at the name. But she pretends to zip her lips and I groan a little but smile.

"Fine, I'll let it be a surprise." I agree and she nudges my nose with hers.
"How about we meet at the parking lot behind the sports field? There shouldn't be any people at that time of day." She suggests and I nod in agreement.
Meeting on the usual parking lot wouldn't be smart, considering that a lot of people could catch me getting into her car.

"Sounds good, I'll meet you there after my last lecture." I tell her and she smiles happily.
"But first I have to talk to my professor because she said she wanted to talk to me about missing last week." I grin and for a second she seems confused before she chuckles and rolls her eyes playfully.

"You make it sound so boring." She mumbles against my lips before kissing me. I kiss her back and squeak a little against her lips when she picks me up and places me on my desk, standing between my legs.

"It really isn't." I whisper and her lips lift up into a smirk.

"I sure hope so." She replies and kisses me again, starting to suck a little at my bottom lip and pulling a silent sigh from me.

Her hands lay on my thighs and slightly slide up, making me shiver and I feel excitement rush between my legs.
But she doesn't do anything else, she just continues to kiss me, her hands resting dangerously close to my sensitive parts and if we weren't in a classroom right now, I would make sure she'd touch me and make me feel good. But like this, we part and she licks over my lips one more time before stepping back and letting me slide off the desk, my legs feeling a little wobbly from the intense kissing.

I follow her to her desk and watch her pack her stuff before she winks at me and goes to the door.
"See you in about two hours." She says and opens the door, putting on her usual professor face and I follow her outside, trying to look like we didn't just make out.

A/n: What do you think she has planned? 

Turns out I got covid, so feel free to comment/text me or something bc I'm probably gonna be bored :(

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3