Chapter 6: Car ride

Pov Natasha

I watch her think about my offer, wrapping her arms subconsciously around her upper body, to keep herself warm.
I can tell she is cold and I'm not surprised since she is drenched.

My eyes wander over her body and I bite my lip. Her clothes stick to her body, not really leaving much of her figure to the imagination.
She's wearing sports clothes, that consist out of a t-shirt and short jersey joggers. If she wasn't literally freezing, I would have taken more time to look at her because she is truly beautiful but right now I just want her to warm up again. Sure, she'll drip into my car and the seat but I don't care, I can dry my car again.

"It's really not that cold." She mumbles and I barely understand her through the noise of the rain. She doesn't seem very convinced by her own words and I can tell she is shivering.

"Please get into the car, I can tell you're cold and I don't want you to get sick." I say and after a few more seconds of thinking, she gives in and rounds the car. I watch her get in, placing her bag, that's wrapped in a plastic bag, between her feet. She looks a little lost.

"I'm sorry, I'm making your whole car wet." She apologizes and I wave it off, giving her a little smile.

"Don't worry about it, you're not. It's just the passenger's seat and besides, I can dry that later on." I assure her and turn on the heating and the seat warmer.

She looks at me in surprise, probably noticing the warmth under her butt.
"Feels nice, hm?" I ask and smile a little as she sinks a little further into the seat and nods.

"Buckle up, please." I remind her and she looks like she forgot about that and quickly fastens her seatbelt.

I start to drive again, my eyes glued to the road but every once in a while, I side glance at her. Her brown hair sticks to her face and it honestly looks really hot.
I can't help but to imagine what she would look like when coming fresh out of the shower, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants of mine.
Or maybe just the hoodie and a slip...
I swallow at that thought, feeling heat growing in my abdomen at that.

"Thank you for driving me home." Y/n says and I smile shortly at her before looking back onto the street.

"Yeah, of course. I mean, it's raining cats and dogs outside and I don't want you to get sick." I reply, seeing her smile a little.

My heart warms up at the genuine smile and I wonder how she already has this effect on me.
She nods slowly before telling me her address and I remember that I haven't asked for it yet.
I actually know where that is and turn left at the next corner.

We stay quiet for the rest of the car ride, which isn't really long. It's not an uncomfortable silence.
She's looking out of the window, watching the raindrops run down the window as I drive us through the streets.
When I come to a halt in front of the apartment building, I look it up and then to her, just to find her already looking at me.

I lock eyes with her and for a few moments we just look into each other's eyes. This time I can't resist and slowly raise my hand, her eyes darting to it but she doesn't seem to mind.
I gently tug some strains behind her ear that were falling into her face.
She seems to lean into my touch a little, not breaking the eye contact.

I feel my heart beating a little faster as I gently cup her cheek with one hand. Her head leans a little more into my touch and I'm not sure if it's on purpose or subconsciously. Her skin is wet and cold but also soft and I want to run my thumb over it.

If we were on the way to my apartment, I would run her a hot bath when returning home and make sure she warms up nicely again. But we're far from that happening, so I try to forget that thought.