Chapter 33: Wanda

A/n: Thank you for all the birthday wishes <3

Pov y/n

It’s Saturday morning and I am beyond excited.
This has two reasons: One, my sister comes today, two, I have a huge game later.

Wanda arrived yesterday at my parent’s house and will drive down for the day. It’s not a long drive, maybe about an hour.
I’m waiting for her in front of my apartment building, excited to see her again.
Ever since she left for college and later on stayed away for her job, I barely see her.

Of course, on the holidays she comes home, most of the time and sometimes in between but that’s really not a lot, considering we were pretty close when we were younger.
She’s six years older than me but we still got along very well. Sure, there were some fights but in general we were great together.

I see her car driving onto the street and start to bounce in excitement.
The last time I saw her was last Christmas, so quite a long time.
She finds a parking spot and gets out of the car.
I have to hold back to not run onto the street and greet her. When she sees me, her face lights up and she hurries over the street and that’s when I start running.

She smiles widely and I slow down a bit before crashing into her and pulling her into a long hug.
Wanda’s a bit taller than me but I never minded. Her arms wrap around me and she hugs me just as tightly back. When we pull away after a while, I grin at her.

“How are you, baby sister?” She asks and I playfully roll my eyes at her.

“I’m 21, you know?” I reply and she shakes her head, putting her arm around my shoulders.

“When did you grow up? It feels like only yesterday that you were 13 and calling me every night.” She sighs a little but smiles. I remember that and smile as well, leading her towards the apartment.

“To be fair, you just moved out and I was all alone at home with Mom and Dad.” I point out and she chuckles.

“That’s true and it was quite cute how you told me everything I missed at home.” She agrees and kisses the top of my head.

“Yeah, I mean, how else are you supposed to know?” I ask and she laughs, following me upstairs.
“How are Mom and Dad though?” I fumble with the keys and open the door. Yelena is meeting with Peter and MJ today because they wanna show her their project.

“They are great, the bakery is going amazingly. They were able to fix the second oven.” She tells me and I let her in.

“That’s good, they wanted to do that for two years now.”

“Exactly and it allows them to bake more at once and therefore sell more as well.”

Wanda looks around the apartment, hanging up her jacket in the hallway. Her eyes dart over every piece of furniture before she turns to me, a slightly suffering expression on her face.

“You still have that book shelf that doesn’t fit the rest of the living room?” She asks and I laugh, going into the living room and plopping down on the sofa.

“We do and we love it. Besides, no one cares that the wood is slightly darker than the rest of the furniture.”
Wanda shakes her head and sits down next to me.
“I care.”

“Yeah, but only because it’s your job.” I point out and she playfully rolls her eyes.

“You said you liked my job.” She reminds me with a chuckle and I nod.
“I do, interior designer is a cool job but it also means that you notice things that don’t fit.”
She nods in agreement and takes her eyes off the bookshelf.