Chapter 3: First tension

Pov Natasha

The first week of the new semester goes by rather quick, as it does most of the time. Everyone is still motivated and relaxed from the vacation.
I find it quite interesting to walk into the classroom for the first time when a new semester starts because there are always students who leave and students who join.

When I walked into the classroom last week, I noticed mainly familiar faces, only a very few new ones and especially one.
A girl with brown, slightly wavy hair in the second row. I don't know why she stood out to me like that but she did. I allowed my eyes to linger on her for a second longer than I usually do, just to take in her features. They are soft and her y/e/c (your eye color) eyes met mine, making me feel a weird sensation.

During that lesson, I glanced at her a few times, only to see if she caught on to where we were, of course. When she left the room, our eyes met again and there was something in them that I couldn't really catch.

I carried on with my day, trying to forget that little encounter because it really was nothing. She crossed my way later on that day but I was talking to Steve, so I didn't react. Besides, it would have been weird to randomly talk to her after having her in my class for only one day.

Something that has been on my mind though is that her last name sounded somehow familiar, I just don't know where I heard it and even if I remembered, her name is not so uncommon, so it doesn't have to be connected anyways.

The week went by good but I do have to admit, that y/n has been on my mind more often than I want to admit.

Wednesday was a good lesson and I noticed y/n wearing shorts, since it's still very warm. During the working phase, I caught myself wondering how it would look like if she stood up in those shorts, showing of her legs.
I pushed that thought away, it is more than inappropriate to think about a student that way.

Another time, I caught her looking at me and when I made eye contact, she quickly looked back down on her paper and if I wasn't in class, that would probably have made me chuckle. I can't deny that she is very cute and beautiful.
The way her tongue pokes out and touches her top lip when she concentrated...
No, stop it! She's my student, nothing more.

Friday was another interesting lesson but I held back even more and pushed every thought about her away, knowing that I shouldn't even think about her like this.

Saturday night, I went out to have dinner with my friend Maria. She's always been very intuitive and as if she sensed that something was up, she asked me about it. I brushed it off, saying it's just some school stuff, which she didn't really seem to believe but also didn't question.

I hate lying to her but I won't tell her that my thoughts are spinning around one of my students because that's forbidden. Besides, telling her about it would make it real and it isn't, they're just thoughts and they will go away.

When I'm preparing next weeks classes, I couldn't help but to think about y/n again and why she changed to my class, not that I would complain because I'm definitely not.

That night, I have a dream.
I dream about being in the gym of the university, looking around, waiting for someone. Suddenly, the door opens and in walks y/n, wearing the shorts she wore Wednesday and a top, that leaves a small bit of skin uncovered. My eyes wander down her body and I notice the shorts being very, very short. She catches me looking at her and slowly spins around, giving me a view of her backside. I gulp when I see that the shorts don't really cover her butt. She grins when she turns back around and leans a little closer.

"All for you, Professor Romanoff." She whispers, taking my hand and putting it onto her bit of exposed skin, feeling the softness underneath my fingers. She leans in and then...

Then I wake up, my heart beating fast and I stare at the ceiling, as the thought settles in, that I just had a dream where I almost kissed my student.
What's wrong with me? I know her for a week and already dream about her?

I rest my arm over my eyes, trying to get the images of my dream out of my head. This is not right and I know it. I can't and won't start anything with her. Apart from our teacher-student-relationship, I have no clue if she even likes women, or me to be exact.
Even thinking about it seems crazy and I quickly get up to go to my bathroom and splash some cold water into my face.

This time, when I enter the classroom, I don't let my eyes look over all the students, I just walk to my desk and get everything out.
"I hope you all got the book, we talked about a week ago." I say and place the book on the table in front of me before finally looking up.

My try of not looking into her direction fails miserably and her y/e/c (your eye color) eyes look into mine as her fingers play with the cover of the book on her desk.
Something lights up in her eyes but I can't tell what it is and quickly break the eye contact to look at the rest of the students.

I continue my teaching as ever and smile when someone makes a joke that actually is funny. My students are honestly great and I love teaching them. I may not smile very often but I do enjoy teaching and seeing how the students develop.

During some quiet work, I slowly walk around the classroom, looking at what my students write and answering some questions that pop up. I point out something to a student who nods and thanks me for the advice.
While everyone is occupied, I can't help it but to walk over to y/n and look at her work as well.

She's currently writing something down, her brows a little furrowed as she thinks about something. Her lips move a little when she writes down a word and I smile at the action, that honestly is pretty adorable. When she notices my presence, she quickly glances up at me before looking back at her notebook.
I lean a little closer to read something she wrote and see tiny goosebumps appear on her skin, smirking at the effect I seem to have on her.

Her notes seem pretty good, especially considering that this is the first semester in this subject for her but I do notice a mistake. I slowly reach out my hand to point at the word and watch her fingers twitch a little into my direction, which makes me smirk even more but also gives me a sweet tingle inside my stomach.

"You need to switch this word. It's the English translation but for this you need to use the original word." I explain, speaking a little more silent because I am close to her ear. Even though my breath doesn't touch her skin, she gets chills and I see her gulping a little.

"Oh, okay, yeah." She mumbles, sounding a little shy, which is pretty adorable. I lean back again and see her taking a deep breath, instantly missing her soft scent.

She looks up at me for a second, her cheeks flushing red before she goes back to working on that paper. I clearly seem to make her nervous, I just hope the good kind.

Making my way back to my desk, I feel a pair of eyes on me but don't turn around, not wanting to seem weird. I round my table and look into her direction, just to see her quickly lowering her head and writing something down. Seems like I didn't leave her unaffected, which makes me smile to myself.

Even if I wanted, which I probably should but oh well, I can't deny that she makes me feel things. I'm not sure what exactly but something about her is intriguing.

The lesson ends after a while and I watch my students leave, hoping that y/n would glance at me before leaving the room, just like she did last week and when she does, I give her a small smile, that makes her blush before leaving the room.

I shouldn't be so happy about this and I definitely shouldn't feel a certain desire to spend more time with her but I do and right now, I can't really help it.

A/n: I totally forgot that I wrote that dream.

I think I'm gonna try to upload every Monday (bc usually Mondays are annoying and maybe this makes it a bit better) and Thursday. If you prefer other days, let me know in the comments. :D

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3