Season 1 Chapter 1 : What It Takes to Be a Hero

Nanites are the microscopic machines that were created by the scientists during the Nanite Project, also known as the Nanite Program. The nanites were created to save humankind by eliminating diseases and starvation across the entire world. However, one day there was an incident.

The explosion of the Nanite Project spread the results of the scientists' experimentation, nanites, into the atmosphere where they eventually descended and bonded to the molecular structure of every living organism on the planet. Nobody knows who or what caused the explosion, but the nanites now roam around in everyone's body with no sudden actions or known changes to the mind or body.

================================================================================================================

[ 5 Years Later ]

The scene opens up to a high school and inside one of the classrooms, the homeroom teacher was telling all of the students to focus on their future since they would be graduating.

Teacher : Since you're all in your third year, it's time for you to think seriously about your future. I'll pass out handouts for your future plans, now but... you're all... pretty much planning to go into the hero course, right?

Everyone : Yeah!

All the students in the classroom then start to use their Quirks in class and start to show them all off to the teacher.

Teacher : Yes, yes, you all have wonderful Quirks! But using your powers at school is against the rules!

Sitting at the back of the class was a boy with shoulder-length black hair as both of his arms seemed to have been hardened.

Kirishima : I'm definitely going into the hero course, Teach! I wanna be just like the Chivalrous Hero: Crimson Riot!

Male Classmate : You're such a fanboy, Kirishima!

Kirishima : There's nothing wrong with that. Especially when you're a fan of such a manly hero!

Teacher : Oh, if I remember correctly, you want to go to U.A. High School, right, Kirishima?

The students then stop celebrating and become shocked to hear that Kirishima wanted to go U.A. High School.

Female Classmate : U.A.? That national school?

Male Classmate #2 : It was in the top 0.2% this year, you know! Their acceptance rate is always really low, too!

The black haired boy named Kirishima, was shocked to hear this information from his classmate but clenched his fist tightly.

Kirishima : *stands up from seat* That's why I've gotta train harder than ever before! And then I'm gonna pass the exam!

Teacher : Oh yeah, Rex wanted to go to U.A., too, right?

??? : Yep!

The entire class's attention then shifts to a seat in the middle row of the classroom and sees a boy with lightly spiked, slicked back dark hair while raising his hand in the air.

========================================================================================================

[ Time Skip ]

The last bell rings notifying the students school was done for the day. Rex then packs his things and walks out of school and starts to head back to his house with Kirishima who was walking right beside him.

Kirishima : I didn't know you wanted to go to U.A., Rex.

Rex : Yep. But I could say the exact same thing about you, Kirishima. I thought you were going to go to another hero course school.