Season 3 Chapter 4 : Roaring Upheaval

Midoriya, Rex, and Shoji were currently hiding behind a tree while Tokoyami's out of control Dark Shadow was going on a rampage.

Midoriya : Wh-What's going on, Shoji?!

Shoji : Quiet. After Mandalay's Telepath about the villain attacking telling us not to engage, we went on alert immediately. Right after that, we were attacked by a villain. I covered Tokoyami, hiding in the foliage even as my arm got cut off.

Rex : Your arm...?!

Shoji : Even though it's not a shallow cut, it's not like I've lost it forever. My Dupil-Arms can even duplicate my duplicated organs, and what was cut off was a duplicate. But I guess he couldn't even stand that. The Quirk he had been holding back started getting out of control...

Midoriya : In deep darkness, he can't control it... I didn't realize his Quirk was so peaky...

Shoji : It was probably his emotions, like righteous indignation and regret that made it even more wild. He kept trying to hold it back, but...

Shoji then steps back as he steps on a twig causing it to snap and immediately alerting Dark Shadow to their location. The shadow entity then attacks the three students but they were able to jump out of the way in time.

Shoji : It reacted to any movement or sound, turning it into a monster that was just lashing out with attacks indiscriminately.

Tokoyami : *struggling* Forget... about me... Find the others... and help them! Calm down, Dark Shadow!

Shoji : Dark Shadow's weakness is light. If we lead it to the fire or back to camp, it should calm down. Midoriya, Rex, no matter the circumstance, I don't want to become a person who leaves a suffering friend behind. Midoriya, you forced that body to get you here because you were worried about Bakugo, right? If you think you can still move, I'll draw Dark Shadow away and open up a path for you and Rex.

Midoriya : Wait... It's pretty far to either camp or the fire. Then you'll be in dange–

Suddenly, Dark Shadow attacked the students out of nowhere once again but they were able to barely dodge out of the way.

Shoji : I know. The act of saving people comes with risks. That's why heroes are called heroes. Will you stay with me and help Tokoyami, or will you rush to where Bakugo is...?

Rex : Bakugo can probably take care of himself. Plus Todoroki is with him, so they should both be fine. I can calm Dark Shadow down with a blast from my Omega Gauntlets, but if there are more villains around, it might attract them to us.

Shoji : A high risk with a low reward, huh? Looks like we have no choice. Do it.

Rex nods his head and attempts to build the Omega Gauntlets to calm down Dark Shadow but was soon stopped by Midoriya who calls out to him.

Midoriya : Hold on, Rex. I have an idea.

Rex : What is it?

​​Midoriya : If it'll react to just sound, Shoji can make duplicates of his arms and make it follow without attacking us. But we'll lead it to Kacchan. That way, Rex can still go through with his plan, but we'll have backup if anything goes wrong. If I have to choose one or the other... I want to save both of them!

==================================================================================================

Meanwhile, with Todoroki and Bakugo, they were fighting off a villain in front of them who was using his Quirk to extend his teeth and use them as sharp blades.

Moonfish : Flesh... Piece of meat... Flesh...

Moonfish attacks Todoroki and Bakugo with his blade-like teeth but Todoroki uses his right side to create a large iceberg in front of him and Bakugo to block the attack.