Season 4 (Finale) Chapter 16 : His Start

Currently at Fujiya Hospital, Todoroki's older siblings, Fuyumi and Natsuo were visiting their mother, Rei Todoroki.

Fuyumi : I'll leave a change of clothes and something to keep warm over here.

Rei : Thanks, as always.

Fuyumi : It looks like it'll get chilly starting next week.

Rei : I'm glad. I like the cold.

Natsuo : *smiles* Yeah, we don't like to be too hot, huh?

Rei : Natsu, you look well.

Fuyumi : Ever since going to college, he never comes home. Says he met a girl at a seminar.

Natsuo turns red from embarrassment and immediately becomes flustered.

Natsuo : Sis! I do stay in touch, don't I? M-Mom, you look good, too! Your complexion! Your complexion looks good! Did something happen?

Rei : *shows letters* Shoto's been writing me letters. He said the supplementary training for the provisional license is tough, but he's working hard to catch up to his friends.

Natsu : Huh. Shoto corresponds frequently.

Fuyumi : Between living at the dorms and his supplementary training, he hasn't been able to come around as much as before.

Natsu : Don't you think it'd be okay for you to have a cell phone now? Writing letters is tough isn't it?

Fuyumi : Can I see the letters?

Rei : Sure. Don't tell Shoto, though.

As Rei hands the letters over to her daughter, a certain person enters Natsuo's mind and decides to tell his mother.

Natsuo : Mom. He officially became number one yesterday.

Fuyumi looks over at Natsuo, slightly worried as she didn't think that it would be good to bring up their father in front of their mother.

Fuyumi : Natsu.

Natsuo : The world doesn't know what he did to you and our siblings— how he's treated his family. He doesn't go on talk shows or anything either.

Fuyumi : Hey, don't talk about Dad—

Rei : It's fine, Fuyumi.

Natsu : I don't really have many memories of him, and he's basically like a stranger to me, so I don't care what happens to him. But I can't allow him to act like nothing he did to you guys ever happened. It's already been about ten years. He hasn't even come to apologize to you, right? He wants to leave the past and his blood ties behind.

Rei : That's not true.

Natsuo and Fuyumi look over at the windowsill and see that there was a glass vase with blue flowers sitting there.

Rei : I told him that I liked them. Around when we first met, just one time.

Fuyumi : Dad's been here?!

Rei : He's come by many times, apparently. I haven't seen him. I'm still afraid... And the doctors also say that it's not a good idea. I don't know what he's thinking deep inside. There might be an external reason for it. But, he's not leaving them behind. He's definitely trying to face his past and his family.

=========================================================================================

The scene changes back to the Kyushu district where Endeavor was engaging the Nomu that crashed into the window of the building. Hawks then looks outside and sees that Endeavor was flying in the air.