Season 5 Chapter 2 : That Which Is Inherited

As the teams were decided for both classes it was finally time for the joint training battle to begin as it was almost time for Rex's team to go up next against Class B's last team in the fifth match up.

When the fourth battle was over, Bakugo's team was able to break the tie between the classes with a flawless victory. Class A had 2 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw, while Class B had 1 win, 2 losses, and 1 draw.

Currently, Class B's fourth team was walking back to the platform while one of their team members, Tokage, was hanging her head down in disappointment.

Tokage : Monoma, sorry. With one win, two losses, and one draw, Class B can't win anymore.

Monoma : What are you apologizing for, Tokage? Our immature compatriot reflected on his actions and grew. It's a good thing. It's true Class B can't win anymore, but we haven't lost yet! I just want people to understand, you know? Between hardworking students who never cause trouble, and those who get undeserved attention because they're conspicuous in a bad way— Whose path is correct? Everyone is a side character in other people's lives, but the protagonist of their own lives!

After Monoma finishes his inspirational speech, his classmate and teammate, Yanagi didn't seem to care about what Monoma had to say and wanted to know what the next move was.

Yanagi : So? What should we do?

Monoma : Don't say "So?" like that!

Shoda : I think we should do something similar to Tokage's team. Our teams are a bit similar balance-wise, too. We have a team of people with technical Quirks, so it would be better for us to hide ourselves and attack while we're hidden. Above all, we've got five people. There's no merit in turning it into a close combat fight.

Yanagi : But looking at that fight just now, don't you think Midoriya and Salazar's spooky?

Shinso : "Spooky"?

Shoda : She means "scary."

Shinso : Oh.

Yanagi : Looking at mobility and combat ability, they're the same or even better than Bakugo, right? And apparently, Midoriya has also learned a long distance attack recently. If we break even a little, it'll end up like the last match. They'll be able to break through.

Shinso : Then we'll make Midoriya and Salazar our top priorities. No matter what, we'll take Midoriya first. Salazar's machines could pose a huge threat to us if we leave him unchecked for too long. But Midoriya was able to break out of my Brainwashing on his own before. But if used in conjunction with Monoma's Quirk, I think we can take him.

Monoma : It's scary if you single me out like that. It's possible that it'll be a blank on my end.

Shinzo : "Blank"?

Shoda : Meaning he won't be able to copy it with his Quirk.

Monoma : Well, we won't be able to do anything unless we stop them, anyway. We're counting on you, Shinso.