Chapter ten: part three

Meanwhile Damon and Tierra are being cautious and waiting when Lilith will strike. Well mainly Damon as he doesn't want Tierra to worry about it.

They're also trying to live their lives without causing attention towards anyone who's working for Lilith and her children.

The next day.

Damon: good morning, how did you sleep last night?

Tierra: good morning and it was semi decent given the circumstances.

Damon: right I see. But that will all change soon Tierra. I won't stop until you're all safe.

Tierra: I know Damon, but it's taking their sweet time. Don't you think they would've struck by now?

Damon: You don't know them like I do. Torture is what they do and the long game is a technique of torture and this is what they're doing and we're getting to the bottom of this right now.

Tierra: and not to worry about it? Yeah I know and got that Damon.

Damon: I know it's frustrating at the moment but that will all change Tierra. It will.

Tierra: I trust you, Damon. Now I have to get to school the little normal thing I have to help with my future if I have one at least. And not to cause attention to myself. You know.

Damon: you will have a future.

Tierra: how do you know that? How can you guarantee that for certain?

Damon: cause I do. I refuse to let anything bad happen to you.

Tierra: cause you love me?

Damon: yes. I do love you so much.

Tierra: and I love you. I'm just scared and I want this to be over that's all.

Damon: I understand and I do too by wanting all of this to be finally over and I'm working on it. But please I don't want you to worry.

Tierra: okay. I'll see you when I get back from school.

Damon: I'll see you soon.

Tierra met her friend before they walked into school together and talked about the day. Trying to fit in. She just wants to blend in with the crowd without drawing any attention to herself.

Tierra: can't wait for school to be finally over.

Olivia: you and me both, girl. The freedom!

Tierra: going somewhere else where no one will know us. Sounds grand.

Olivia: yes it does.

Tierra: how long left have we got until school finishes.

Olivia: not long.

Tierra: not long?

Olivia: like 6 months I think. Ask one of the teachers I don't know, why?

Tierra: just curious, that's all. I want a fresh start new memories and that.

Olivia: I get that.

Tierra: yep.

Olivia: have you tried therapy?

Tierra: you're hilarious.

Olivia: I'm serious. I don't mean any offence but maybe they can help you. I'm worried. I don't know how to help you.

Tierra: you're helping enough by being my friend, no need to walk on eggshells with me ya know.

Olivia: I know. College is our time.

Tierra: definitely. Some kind of reset. A fresh start just the two of us taking on the world!! Whoop whoop.

Olivia: someone sounds so optimistic.

Tierra: well we kinda have to. With the crap that's been happening.