Chapter 23

(Tuesday)

(TW: School shooting)

-Zoe's POV-

Billie holds my hand as we walk through the crowded halls, trying to get to class. We get to class as the bell rings, causing Billie to whine a little.

We walk into class, sit down, and move my hand to Billie's leg, reassuring her that I'm here for her. Billie puts her hand on mine, making me smile.

"Ok so today will be a catch up day, I have grades to put in so work on any missing work you have in my class or some other work for another class"

Billie takes out some missing work she has and I help her with it. After 45 minutes, the bell rings, so I help Billie put all the work away and we walk to our next class.

We sit down and I take out my laptop, signing in, and pulling up cool math games. I give Billie my laptop, a smile appearing on her face as she clicks on papa's pizzeria and starts playing.

I smile, kissing her head, and then I go on my phone. We have a sub today in algebra so we can do whatever we want.

I started to get this weird feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen. I tried to brush it off but I couldn't.

(Time Skip: fourth period)

I help Billie with her work, as she didn't understand it at all. The announcements came on making me jump in my seat a little.

"We are going on lockdown, this is not a drill, there is a shooter in the building, this is not a drill" the principal says over the announcements, and we all rush to the corner.

I got to the corner first, then billie, who fell into my lap. She shoves her face into my chest, making me frown, so I rub her back.

Everyone was infront of us, crying, scared, and trying to be quiet. There was a bunch of gun shots and screams, hot tears running down my face, as the screams and gun shots got closer.

Next thing i know, there's loud banging at the door. "OPEN THE DOOR, I KNOW YALL ARE IN THERE" the person shouts, as the door swings open.

My ears started to ring as me an Billie were getting covered in blood. I play dead and so does Billie, hoping the person goes away. 

After a few minutes, the sound of foot steps fade, as the person leaves the room. I look down at billie, who was covered in blood, shaking, and crying hysterically.

"Shhh Shh i-it's ok b-ba-baby" I say, shaking and crying, trying to calm Billie down. I hope someone comes soon.

(Time Skip: one hour)

"Is there anyone alive in this room, this is the police"I hear a deep voice say, so get up, holding Billie, who is still shaking and crying. 

"Take them down to the ambulance, make sure they are not injured" the police officer said to the other officer. I follow the officer down to the front and they check us to Make sure we are not injured.

Billie was screaming and crying, as they tried to check her. "STOP TOUCHING ME, IM FINE, STOP ITTTTTT" Billie screams, so they back away and they allow us to go on our phones.

I call finneas and he said he would come pick us up. After a bit of waiting, finneas pulls up, so me and Billie get in the car, and we go to Billie's house.

Billie was quiet the whole ride, staring at her lap. Once we got to the house, we go inside, and Billie goes straight into the bathroom.

"You can take a shower in mine and Patrick's bathroom hunny" Maggie says, handing me some clean clothes that I have left in Billie's room. 

I go into their bathroom and take a shower, washing all the blood off me. I wash my body and hair and after i was done, i dry off, and get dressed. 

I go out into the living room to see Billie laying on the couch, holding her teddy, a blanket over her, as she kisses and pets pepper.

"Hi baby" i say, slowly crouching down so she can see me. "H-hi" she says, looking at me, her face red. "Can I hold your hand" i say, earning a nod, so I hold her hand.

Billie was quiet, staring off into space. I kiss her head, moving some of the damp strands of hair out of her face. I feel so bad. Poor baby.

(Time Skip: night)

Billie lays her head on my chest, a pasi in her mouth, and her teddy being held tightly to her chest. I rub her back, as I close my eyes.

"Your safe baby, go to sleep, I got you" I say, and after a little, open my eyes to see that Billie was asleep.

"Good night baby, I love you so much" I say, kissing her head, as I fall asleep.

Leave ideas>

🏳️‍🌈stay fruity🏳️‍🌈
850 words