Chapter 44

(Tuesday)

(TW: Brandon)

-Billie's POV-

I wake up to my alarm going off, so I grab my phone and see that I'm late to school and a bunch of messages from Zoe.

"Shit shit shit" I say, getting up, getting ready, and then rushing out of my room and running into Finneas's room. "I'm late come on" I say, pulling his arm.

"Your not going to school Billie" Finneas says, taking off his headphones. "What do you mean" I say, dumbfounded. "Brandon broke out of prison so you're not going to school, mom and dad want you home so your safe" finneas says and I sit down on his bed.

"Oh" I say, remembering everything from yesterday. "It's going to be ok, I will protect you" Finneas says, making me smile a bit.

I text Zoe about whats happening and then I leave Finneas's room and go into my room. I lay in my bed, go on vine and scroll.

(Some time later)

"Dude what the fauwk, this is your space, this is your area, she can't do that dude" me and Finneas's keep saying as we walk on the counter. "AH" I say, almost falling, but I catch myself and start laughing and mom laughs a little.

"Billie careful" mom says, as she puts her phone down and I keep laughing. "I'm fine" i say, as jump down and I grab my phone.

I go into the backyard, grabbing the hair tie that was on the washer and I throw my hair into a bun. "What are you doing Billie" mom says, as i back awake a bit.

"I wanna try to do an Ariel again" i say, taking a deep breath. I take a running start and go for the Ariel and I land it. "Good job B" mom says, and I smile and sit down as pepper runs over.

I play around with pepper, laughing as she licks my face. I get up, go back inside, and I sit at the piano. I play around with some of the keys and then i get up and sit on the couch.

I go on my phone and I see a message from an unknown number. I unlock my phone and click on the message and I start reading it.

~hello Billie. I'm coming for you and this time zoe won't be able to save you. I own you. You will be with me forever. See you soon. Or tonight 😏. Sincerely, Brandon.~

"mom, come here" I say, my voice cracking as my eyes water. "What's wrong billie" mom says, walking over with a concerned look on her face.

I pass her my phone and finneas walks over and stands next to mom, reading the message. I watch as their faces shift and I start crying.

"Oh shit" I hear finneas whisper and I feel mom pull me close to her. "We are not going to let him take you billie, we promise" mom says, as she runs her fingers through my hair.

(Time Skip: night time)

I lay down in bed, grabbing mr. Fluffy and pulling a blanket over myself. "Good night billie" mom says as she turns off my light. "No, keep my light on" I say, shooting up. "Ok ok" mom says, as she turns my light back on.

I watch as she leaves and she leaves my door open. I grab my notebook and a pencil off my side table, and then I lay on my side towards the wall.

I start drawing in my notebook, as I continue to write more lyrics to my new song. Please let me be ok tonight.

(Time Skip: 2 am)

I wake up to a loud thud, startling me, and it felt like my soul left my body for second. I wait a few seconds and try to hear anything else but it was dead silent.

I close my eyes again, cuddling back up into my blanket, when I start to hear footsteps. I quickly get up, turn off my light, quietly close my door, and I make a fake body out of my stuffed animals that look like me, grab my phone, and then I run to my closet and close the door.

I hear my door open and a familiar laugh fills my ears. Brandon. I text Zoe, mom, dad, and Finneas as I try to stay quiet. ~Brandon is in my room, help, Brandon is in my room and I'm scared he's going to find me~

I turn on voice memo and then I turn off my phone, forgetting my phone makes a noise when I turn it off, and I start tearing up. I hide my phone in a pile of clothes and i shrink down into the corner of my closet, hoping Brandon won't find me.

I start to hear footsteps towards me and I cover my mouth. "Your all mine now slut" Brandon whispers as I hear his hands on the handles of my closet doors.

I watch as the doors fling open and brandon looks at me. I start screaming but...

To be continued...