Episode 5-2: Voice in the Dreams

"Ugh... My head hurts. I think I had a bad dream, but I don't remember much...."

Kiana was in the library, walking with an unenergized mood, where she was supposedly accompanying Bronya to get discharged. But she already found her standing still by the balcony on the library's second floor.

" Gotcha, Bronya!" She greeted Bronya, who remained unfazed. "I was supposed to discharge you from the hospital, but you managed to escape to the library. What a naughty brat."

"The Bronya is not a baby," Bronya said out of the cold. "The Bronya performed self-diagnostics using the Health Terminals. All systems are back online."

She then continued rambling, which made Kiana yawn. "The Bronya then accessed the system database, updated all physio readings, and approved of her own discharge."

"Hey... that sounds like... Hacking! That's illegal!"

"Subject Kiana is up to something again." Bronya cut off her words, doubting Kiana's mindset. "Perhaps, subject Kiana is here to beg the Bronya for emergency remedial."

She then remembered the consequences that she had to pay. "Hey! It's not about that... I am really trying to care, brat."

But she was confused whether she would confess." Anyway, I'm worried you might get bored...."

Perhaps... It's not worth mentioning... Bratnya would rather not know...

"Maybe I'll try some reverse psychology. I'm here to mess up your studies. I've brought your HOMU-Station." She took the video game device from her bag, which belonged to Bronya.

"HOMU-HOMU Adventure..."

Kiana turned on the HOMU-Station Portable. "Since Bronya only likes studying, I'll just play this on my own." She navigated the home screen to the designated game.

This made Bronya retaliate, declaring a challenge in a game match. "Subject Kiana is leaving as she acknowledges the Bronya's supremacy in gaming."

"I won't let you beat me! Not in gaming, at least!"

"Alloy_Bronya deployed."

They started their game match, competing to gain a high score.

————

A sound of sizzling and chopping can be heard in the kitchen, where Mei cooked a dish for Y/N, who swayed slightly and dazed out of sleepiness.

He has never felt this burned out since he encountered that dream, which causes him to feel a bit stressed while sleeping. He rubbed his eyes to remove the dirt and yawned while covering his mouth.

Those words remained in his head.

————
Live... Human...
————

He snapped out of his mind as soon as his dish was served by Mei, and she noticed his sleepiness, showing a bit of a concerned face.

"Have you been staying up all day long? You know it would affect your health."

"No... I did sleep, but...." He tried to gather some words to say. "I dreamt last night...."

"What kind of dream, Y/N-kun?" She served some dishes to the table while hearing him.

He looked down, still feeling dumbfounded by the encounter he had. "It was... something about...."

He had difficulty finding words to come out.

"Something about humanity...."

"Like what?" She sat beside him, curious about his dream.

"Saving... Urgh..." He interjected, knowing that he spouted nonsense. "Forget it..." He swayed his hand.