Episode 5-3: Voice in the Dreams

The whole atmosphere on exam day was full of life. Students prepared for their last exam in a spiritual mood. Maybe, not in the case of the other five.

While Kiana and Y/N seemed unscathed from their last serious spar with Rita Rossweisse, that didn't stop their friends from worrying. That was at that time, before the final exam was about to start.

Kiana didn't seem to hurt, only feeling exhausted for being a little stubborn. But her friends still insisted of checking seriously, with Mei, who still expressed worry about her only friend. Bronya comforted her with the best she could. Theresa was also with the group, aiding her niece.

Fu Hua had checked his condition thoroughly, worried that a wound might be inflicted on his body. However, he reassured her that he had minor scratches on his arms that only left red marks, not to the point of bleeding out in a streak mark. That still didn't stop her, as she soaked the cloth with a bottle of water, then laid it down on the small wound to rinse it.

At the same time, he also felt delighted, having been aided with care by his close friend, something he rarely experienced.

The time for the final exam had come. Only suitable candidates could participate. The group of five was no exception, with their score fulfilling the requirements to continue to the final exam.

Theresa stood in the middle of the arena, giving an announcement.

"This is the final round. Candidates, please put on the sync device once your name is called. The simulated combat program will select a suitable module as your opponent. Do your best, girls."

After she left the arena, the first one to move was Kiana, entering the stage. "Kiana Kaslana. Prepare sync." She commanded the program.

"Access: 98.7%. Sync Ratio: 100%. Generating adversary modules."

Suddenly, the program started glitching as it exceeded the 120% mark.

"Sync ratio: 120%... Genera... gen... generating adver... adversary modules...."

The alarm blared on the program when it started to malfunction.

-SYSTEM ERROR-

"What's going on? Aunt Himeko! What's happening?!" Kiana trembled upon seeing the system glitching horribly.

Himeko walked to the stage, trying to troubleshoot the problem. "Something's wrong. The program should initiate auto-exit upon an error report." She kept configuring the program, and until then, she noticed something was wrong when she focused on the percentage bar.

"Program sync ratio is stuck at 120%. This means..."

"Force closing the program may be unwise." Kiana theorized.

It was that moment when the system materialized a Honkai Beast that was not supposed to be integrated with the module.

"Adversary module generated."

It materialized the Emperor-class Honkai Beast, Ganesha, as it roared down the whole area.

Theresa started to panic. "It's Ganesha! Our database shouldn't be generating an Emperor-class Honkai Beast module!" She yelled frantically.

All students immediately flee the area upon seeing the unstoppable beast in their level, except for Fu Hua, Y/N, Mei and Bronya, as they stand up slowly in disbelief.

Kiana wasn't afraid as she unholstered her gun-kata. "Don't worry about shutting things down. I'll just mop the floor with this thing!"

Ganesha roared again out of life, and Kiana rushed forward to the beast, combating it.