Episode 7-3: Poem of the Wind

Eyes face to face, between her teal eyes and his brown eyes. Wendy's self-introduction with her weak, innocent soft voice struck his heart internally, and he couldn't help himself but have his urge to want to comfort her out of his contrite heart.

Still remembering he still had the four rhombus-shaped sigils marked on the back of his right palm, which started to pulsate in a teal hue, he looked at the so-called Stigmata momentarily before looking back to her as if that sigil was related something to Wendy.

'I don't know what this Stigmata meant. But I'll give it a try....'

Y/N slowly approached her as he took a step and crouched to his foot. He then slowly stretched his affected hand to her shoulder, hoping to soothe her, and tried not to make her stressed.

Wendy took a deep breath, preparing to be touched by him, especially since she had never experienced being comforted by a male.

However, he paused for a second and noticed her insecure expression.

'Maybe no... I'm still a foreigner in her eyes....'

He retracted his hand away from her, retaining his self-awareness to not do anything that might stress her out even further, especially when he had just met her in sight and still didn't know each other.

"Y/N. Who did this to you... Wendy?"

As he empathized with the vulnerable girl in the wheelchair, he lowered his eyes to the palm. He spotted a teal green hue thriving in streaks inside his palm, but he remained still focusing on her, and he clenched a fist and lowered his hand to avoid exposing it further.

Wendy seemed to notice it as she gazed her teal eyes at his hand, but she didn't have any strength to question his strange hand. "Umm..."

Himeko's voice channeled in their comms, having to recognize Wendy's background story. "Allow me to explain. 4 years ago, the Oceania Branch implanted the Gem of Desire into Wendy's calf. The aim was to meld the Gem with her tibia to achieve Herrscher-grade powers."

After hearing his commander's talk, he shook his head out of disappointment while lowering his head and clicking his tongue repetitively, expressing his non-surprised irritation at Schicksal's inhumane behavior, which he had known long for their wretched experiments.

'I had suspicions... what else can I do...?'

"I guess this Wendy should be pretty powerful. But she's a girl in a wheelchair...." Mei expressed her sympathy as she clasped her heart with one of her hands.

"Wendy was Oceania's best Valkyrie. She might have become the 4th S-rank Valkyrie of this generation. But she still couldn't handle the Gem's power."

Wendy's mouth opened in a stuttering motion, trying her best to speak out of her mouth. "I-I wasn't strong enough to contain the power of the Gem. I lost control of my legs." She expressed her weak, soft voice in her Kiwi accent.

"Then they should have taken out the Gem! Wendy-chan shouldn't be stuck in this wheelchair...." Mei continued, still in her solid empathic feeling.

"It's the Gem Of Desire that is extremely unstable in every medium, but it stabilized in Wendy's body."

Mei snapped emotionally, having to share her anger the same as his heart. Unbeknownst to her, he already knew the truth a year ago.

"So Schicksal decided to use Wendy's body as a vessel for holding the Gem? That's... cruel!" She swung her hands in the air out of anger at hearing the poor former Valkyrie mistreated inhumanely.

Y/N gazed his head up to where the trio was standing, focusing his eyes on Mei, and gave her a nod of agreement, still expressing his passive-aggressive response. "Very inhumane..."