Episode 9-2: Moonlight in the Tundra

"Enma-juu, Zaigorg."

Inside the dimmed light with projected orange displays in the air, casting the Chamber of Seers, known as Overseer's Sanctum room, located at the Schicksal H.Q., was The Captain and his Overseer friend who was playing a card game.

The former revealed the strongest trump card from his hands, the Zaigorg Kaiju Card.

"This card represents a suffering sin. When death comes upon you, enjoy your endless suffering to atone for your sins in hell. If I have three cards with Gorg in their name or five cards named Tsurugi Demaaga, I win. You can't counter it."

Juggler slapped down the Zaigorg, Gorg-Antlar, and Gorg-Fire Golza on the table, declaring his victory over the card game.

"Three Demon Cards. it's now 3-2, Otto." He took the cigarette from the ashtray and sucked it, staring at his Overseer friend with a cold smile.

Otto was pleased to see it as he accepted his defeat with a sportive smile and sipped his wine.

"My, my. This is what I call a win-at-all-costs situation." He chuckled as he dropped his cards from his hands to the table, revealing five cards of Golza, Gan-Q, Melba, Reicubas, and Super C.O.V.

"Don't be surprised when Herrschers see these monsters before their eyes; everyone will kneel upon them."

Otto couldn't help but laugh out loud over his exaggerated talk that he thought was a fairytale-like joke.

"Hahahahaha! Monster and Herrschers? You might be onto something. Honestly, they look very varying compared to the Judgement-Class Honkai."

Juggler listened to Otto's idea without expressing any of his emotions, whether it's positive or negative, only a flat face, as he put down the cigarette and flicked the ashes on the ashtray.

'Seriously, what's the benefit of having her awakened...?'

Otto then stopped laughing as they started to tidy up Juggler's Kaiju decks while the former shifted to the serious topics, still smiling in his interest. "So, how's the experiment going, Dom?"

The disguised Illusion Alien already knew to whom he referred the experiment, despite hating him for calling her without a name.

"Hmm? Nothing in particular. Other than she's crying over her beloved knight to the point she ended up sick." He took a sip of his iced coffee.

Otto piled up the cards in order. "I know, right? Your battle report showed that our subject has gained a new type of Battlesuit. We couldn't even find the specs in our database. Ugh, why does it have to be too flashy and colorful... It will have been cooler if it's black and gold."

"Uh. From my perspective, she can only be active for 2 minutes." Juggler shuffled the cards only for his fun.

Otto had a grudge against the Knight of Hyperion due to his experience dealing with a certain Knight in the past, in which he formed hidden sour thoughts at the mention of him.

However, Y/N's presence gained his amusement after hearing about the knight's presence, which brought thrilling results. It affected Kiana's Honkai level, almost awakening her true self.

"I've heard of the link between them. I got a report from my old friend that my subject experiment temporarily showed her true form. In other words, Her Honkai level activity has elevated without help from the Gem of Haste. All thanks to one of our reliable Knight's presence."

"What caused it?" Juggler sipped his cold coffee, took his cigarette, smoked the tobacco, and then puffed the smoke out of his mouth.

The Overseer took a sip of his wine from his fine wine glass. "Justice wrath. According to my old friend, whenever her knight gets mocked or says bad things about him, even harming him, it spikes her Honkai Activity level."