Episode 13-10: The Second Eruption

Kaslana's Residence

Floating Island, Schicksal H.Q.

"Niggurath is safe? We finally have some good news. Thank you, Lixue. You did well out there."

Cecilia was on the phone, listening to a report that Niggurath's squad had safely made it to their location, which brought her some relief.

She replied in a soft and calming voice, thanking them for their efforts, letting them know that their job was not over yet, with the final task being to defeat Sirin and save the world.

Cecilia hung up the call before looking back at the television, where the news channel was broadcasting the four monsters and the Ultra Honkai-Killer rampaging around, destroying everything in their paths and causing utter destruction.

The news broadcasted the four monsters and the dark iron giant as they continued their rampage and destruction across the world, with the cities of Oulu, Astana, the Indian Ocean, and Novosibirsk being the latest victims of their collapse.

The dark iron giant's destructive path attracted their attention the most.

It was one of the most dangerous and deadly monsters, increasing the threat to humanity as it continued its rampage and destruction.

The giant had recently begun to absorb nuclear plants and electric power, resulting in widespread blackouts from the northernmost side.

The news anchor and other media experts deemed it a confirmed threat to humanity due to its tremendous power and potential to cause further destruction and mayhem.

But Cecilia was not convinced with each word delivered.

She was starting to sense something amiss. She slammed her eyebrows, displaying her distrusted expression at the mention of the giant being deemed an enemy, while her blue eyes also closed halfway, indicating her suspicion and distrust. 

She could tell that the dark iron giant was not precisely what it seemed, and the whole incident with it felt like a ploy to tarnish and ruin the good name of a giant being that had once been an ally to humanity.

Cecilia could not bear to watch any more news about the rampaging monster's destruction worldwide, so she turned off the television with the remote, hoping to distract herself from the terrible situation outside.

"Mama..."

The sweet voice of little Kiana startled Cecilia, with the sound breaking the silence and the calm of the atmosphere.

She gazed her head at her daughter with a slightly surprised look, unsure of what the little girl wanted to say.

"When's Papa coming back? I really miss Papa..."

Kiana seemed to have missed her father, Siegfried, a lot, and she was eagerly waiting for his return to the family and their home, with her expression and tone being a bit saddened and teary-eyed.

Cecilia had a kind and gentle smile as she approached Kiana and picked her up.

"He'll be back soon, Kiana."

Her response to the little girl was warm and comforting, intending to alleviate her sadness and assure her that Siegfried would be back very soon.

She returned to Kiana's room, set her on the bed, and slipped underneath the blanket.

"Sleep well, and he'll be much faster."

Cecilia gently set Kiana on the bed, slipping her underneath the blanket to be warm and comfortable as she slept.