Episode 14-2: Tragedy

Hyperion

St. Freya High

Leon's cabin room was currently occupied by a mechanical robot that was engaged in sweeping the debris of the shattered glass from the floor and repairing the damage to the windows and glass.

As the robot worked diligently to fix the damage, the sound of its sweeping and mechanical repair work filled his cabin room, creating a quiet ambiance of mechanical operations and maintenance.

Bronya was taking it upon herself to clean up Leon's cabin after it had been left unkempt and in a state of disrepair.

She was sweeping up the dust and glass shards on the ground and thoroughly dusting and removing the debris.

Mei was standing near Bronya, holding a dustpan as she watched Bronya sweep the floor with the broom.

It was unusual to see Bronya doing something as mundane as sweeping the floor, and Mei was unsure of what had motivated Bronya to begin taking care of the cabin.

'I've never seen Bronya-chan more active...'

As she observed Bronya and the broom, her mind was filled with questions.

"Bronya doesn't want Brother Leon to feel disappointed whenever Brother Leon returns here, Mei nee-sama."

Bronya's words came out of the blue, breaking the silence with her usual soft and formal manner of speaking but with a slight emotional edge.

She explained her intentions behind this unusual action, wanting to ensure that Leon was not disappointed upon his return to the cabin and would not be saddened by the debris and dust that was scattered everywhere.

"Bronya wishes Idiotka safe in Brother Leon's hand."

Bronya showed concern for Kiana, whom she had affectionately called Idiotka from the start. She truly cared for Kiana, wishing she was safe and protected in Leon's hands. Bronya would always look out for the ones she cared about, even at her own expense if necessary.

Bronya wanted to be there to welcome back her close one and wanted the two to be happy whenever they returned to the Hyperion.

Mei lowered her gaze, shifting into a doubtful expression as if she wanted to say something, but she refrained from speaking.

"Bronya-chan..."

Bronya turned her eyes to Mei, curious why her friend had lowered her gaze as if she wanted to say something.

The Russian Valkyrie kept a respectful silence, waiting for Mei to speak whatever thought was on her mind.

Mei's mouth quivered with her eyes darting uncontrollably, unable to tell whether anything she spoke would result in an unwanted clash.

It was too much for her to handle. So much so that she let out a word that contained a rather ungrateful one.

"Do you really pretend to be wise after what I have done to Leon-kun?"

Bronya's expression remained neutral, her face neither betraying nor revealing her true intentions. Her lips temporarily shut as she waited for Mei to continue, leaving the former's thoughts unknown.

But the awkward silence meant it was Bronya's turn to answer Mei's suspicious questions.

"Bronya doesn't want more conflict."

Bronya simply commented in response after a long silence, her voice maintaining its monotone and detached demeanor.

But that answer only made Mei's pressure rise out of pure emotional enrage. For the first time, Mei didn't believe any words from Bronya, thinking her words were just a programming speech in her brain.