Episode 13-5: The Second Eruption

1955
New York

The year Anti-Entropy was formed. The organization was one of the parts of the Schicksal Branches, formerly under the American Branch of Schicksal.

The atmosphere was polluted. The land was filled with destroyed buildings. Everything crumbled down.

Only the two surviving teens remained.

Unfortunately, the older one barely survived, suffering a fatal wound on his abdomen, while the younger one was trying to stop the bleeding profusely, to his avail.

"I can't stop it... The bleeding won't stop..."

The wounded teen was named Welt Joyce, while the young one was none other than Joachim Nokianvirtanen.

Joachim was trying everything he could to stop the bleeding, but it still wasn't enough.

Welt was already losing too much blood.

"Don't worry about it, Joachim... My life is about to end... It's over for me..."

Welt spoke with a tired and sad tone, knowing that there was nothing he could do other than resign to his fate.

Joachim, however, was doing everything he could to prevent him from meeting his fate, as he still had some hope left inside him.

"No... I can't give up... I can try to help you, Welt."

Joachim spoke in a desperate manner, trying to apply more pressure on the wound, but no matter how hard he tried, all of his hard work was effortless.

It still wasn't enough to get Welt to stand up and fight once more.

"Stop..."

"Don't be a fool, Joachim... I'm dying... There's nothing you can do..."

Welt pleaded with a weak and hoarse voice.

Wanting to ease Joachim up, he let out his smile of defeat while leaving a weak sigh from his mouth.

"Sometimes, I see your tears give you the power to persevere."

"Huh...? What?"

Welt let out his weak laughter when Joachim couldn't comprehend the words that actually contained meaningful messages for Joachim himself.

"Welt... The German for the entire world. What a cool name. How about you?"

The tearing and sobbing Joachim couldn't help but let out a small smile over the cool name Welt just mentioned, despite his sadness over his dying companion.

Even though the name was significant, the moment he saw that Welt was starting to die, he didn't have any more words to say.

"I loved that name too..."

Joachim spoke those words tremblingly, feeling conflicted over what was happening before his eyes.

Welt let out his weak sigh and formed a smile, feeling satisfied to hear the positive response from his young companion.

He pushed his remaining strength into his right hand.

A silver gem of the First Herrscher protruded out of his palm.

"From now on... You will bear this name and become the new Welt..."

Putting his complete trust and belief into Joachim, he pulled another gem from his palm again.

The gem was colored blue, with an image of a giant of light with his azure blue crystal forehead.

It was named after the warrior of the azure light, Ultraman Ginga.