Episode 8-1: The Wing of Love

Himeko had been carrying the ill Kiana in a piggyback throughout her way back to the Hyperion, and she was also bringing the Hero's Shield back.

Her heart broke when she saw her student had fallen after Himeko managed to find them standing not far from where they got ambushed. She remembered how miserable Kiana was when she embraced her with all of her heart and let out her anguish cries more.

Himeko didn't expect Kiana, who she used to see as a happy-go-lucky girl, to be that sorrowful, but it still didn't stop her from hugging her back, letting her know that she understood what Kiana felt.

As much as how annoying she was to Himeko, she still cared for her. And seeing how hurt she was made her for once wanted to treat Kiana like a mother.

The surviving squad had finally returned safely to the Hyperion, where their Captain was waiting for them in the infirmary room.

"Kanchou."

Captain Müller joined as he picked Kiana from her back and carried her to the white infirmary bed, then carefully rested her on the back and her head on the pillow. "Here... here..."

Kiana couldn't move a muscle at all. She didn't have enough strength to straighten herself up, and she could only rest on the soft cushion helplessly, but she knew there were Mei, Himeko, and her Captain who helped her. Her eyes were closed, and she felt her body rise up in the painful heat sensation.

"Nggggghhh..." She whimpered in agony, unable to bear the fever she had caught.

All her mind was full of Y/N's image, the Knight who she loved, sacrificed her from getting captured, and it put her stress when the Anti-Entropy took them away from her. His sacrifice remained attached in her mind.

"Y/N... Y/N..." Kiana mumbled and sobbed in her hoarse voice. She felt her eyes threaten to release another warm tear as she snorted and slammed her eyelids down further. Her lips quivered in anxiety.

Himeko, in her disheartened face, clasped Kiana's forehead with one of her palms, trying to check on her temperature. She expressed unpleasant thoughts when she could feel the heat thriving in her palm. It was hotter than she usually felt.

"Not good... she has a fever..." She described the symptom while shaking her head while holding Kiana's forehead.

Captain Müller, in his sympathetic thoughts, gazed his head to Mei, who was also crouching beside Himeko, where she was holding Kiana's hand.

"Mei, can you make warm sweet tea for her?" He requested in Japanese that Mei quickly understand what he was saying after she gazed her head at him.

"Yes, Kanchou! I'll prepare the compress too." She nodded and sprinted out of the room.

Kiana had recovered her last bit of strength to open her eyes weakly, showing her beautiful glistening blue eyes surrounded by her bloodshot sclera eyes due to the cries she had gone through. Her vision was partially blurred by the tears as she could only see two figures, one was in red, and the other was in white, but she recognized who they were.

But that wasn't what she wanted. She moved around in a weak motion, trying to find the person she wanted to see.

Nose snorted in anguish, and her mouth mewled in loneliness as she wanted to cry again when she realized that her dearest Knight wasn't here anymore. She couldn't smell his minty scent that she had been savoring in her likeness.

Something blocked her path from him, and she had to go through the obstacle again after they'd been through.

In her slightest hope, Kiana wanted to make sure that he was only not in the room for a moment, hoping that he returned to her sight.