Episode 14-3: Tragedy

The radar picked up two red dots, identified as one of the Hyperion crew members in the Rusalka Forest in Siberia, Russia.

Concurrently, Theresa was distressed; her posture was bent, and her gaze was averted from the monitor.

The memory of Otto's harsh bargain kept haunting her, rendering her temporarily oblivious to the radar's detected signal.

"Can anyone hear me? Anyone?"

A masculine voice broke the still and desolate atmosphere permeating Theresa's surroundings, and momentarily, she was struck by the thought that it was Otto, reaching out to her once more to intrude upon her channel.

However, she soon recognized that the voice lacked any hostility and belonged to a young man who sought to establish communication with her.

"I'm alive."

Gradually, Theresa raised her head as though the voice beckoned her to heed its call.

It took a moment before she recognized it as Leon's voice, showing in wave communication each time his voice received the inputs.

A glint of hope washed away her bleak mood as she swiftly established contact with Leon, who was engaged in a "voice-only" mode of communication, lacking his face in the cam.

"Leon! Leon! Your principal is here!"

Theresa exclaimed, her voice filled with relief and a rush of feelings from the thought of Leon's survival.

Theresa's face displayed a hint of suspicion at the thought that perhaps the voice may have been a decoy to lure her into a trap. However, her suspicion was swiftly dispelled, as Leon had proved his identity through voice confirmation, which immediately alleviated the doubt and anxiety that had washed over her beforehand.

"I'm okay, Principal Theresa. I can't talk much now."

"Listen... I'm just here to tell anyone hearing that I'm alive..."

Leon's worn look and tired tone indicated that he was unwilling to share significant information over any potentially unsecured channels, a precaution that Theresa understood and empathized with.

As Theresa pondered the dangers of Leon's actions, a wave of unease washed over her.

She knew too well that his recklessness might draw Schicksal's relentless gaze.

"Leon! Shut it down now! If Schicksal picks up the signal from your battlesuit, they'll be on you in no time! I'm on my way—get ready!"

She shouted, pressing him to deactivate the tracking device immediately so she could whisk him away from the looming threat of Schicksal's Valkyrie agents.

"Good."

Leon's response took Theresa aback; it was vague yet grim, almost as if summoning the Schicksal force to the field was part of his plan.

"What?! Hey Leon! Hey!!!"

She cried out, attempting to beckon him back, but it was futile. He had already terminated the communication with Theresa.

Theresa prepared for deployment with decisive speed to aid Leon and guarantee his safety. She quickly directed Ai-chan to update Bronya and Mei on the urgent situation, realizing the need to mobilize all available forces for a timely intervention.

"Alert Bronya and Mei immediately, Ai-chan! We've located Leon in Siberia, and if I'm reading these signals correctly, Kiana is there with him!"

She commanded, indicating the additional red markers near his location.