Episode 9-4: Moonlight in the Tundra

Minutes passed as they were almost at the rendezvous point. Kiana and Y/N were holding hands together.

However, the valkyrie still bragged about her mother's status, even though she knew it was only a virtual reality.

"Theresa! Theresa!"

Theresa turned her head to the back slowly, in a slight annoyance. "What's wrong? Stop shouting, girl...."

"I wanna ask you something...."

Kiana stared at the ground momentarily before raising her head nervously. "Is... is Cecilia... Cecilia Schariac in this mission as well?"

The nun's eyes twitched in a question mark, wondering how the valkyrie could recognize her most important figure who had been reliable in her group. "Cecilia? How did you know that name?"

"Because she's the Valkyrie I respect the most?"

"Everyone on the battlefield knows that," Y/N spoke straight to the point, but unbeknownst to them, his delivering tone was deferred to a more profound, flat, and serious style.

Theresa was almost baffled by his serious response but hid it by nodding. "I-I see... Well, Cecilia would not be coming to Siberia. She's on maternity leave, you know. She just gave birth one year ago, but...."

"But what?" Asked Kiana.

The nun swiveled her body to their position while clenching her right hand in the air, beginning to act serious and desperate if she wasn't made it in time. "If Siegfried and I can't stop the 2nd Herrscher, Overseer Otto Apocalypse might deploy her. I won't let that happen! I'll protect Cecilia!"

Tension rose slightly as Kiana nodded sharply while showing her right fist in mid-air. "That's right. Let's protect her!"

But then, she slowly relaxed her tension and momentarily lowered her gaze before looking back at the nun. "Oh yeah, Theresa, I have another favor to ask... Don't let Siegfried know that I'm his... uhm... daughter."

"Hmm? Why?"

"Hmm... we're at a crucial moment of the mission... it might get him in trouble with mom... I mean, Cecilia...."

She folded her hands, pleading to Theresa eagerly. "I'll just handle family affairs after this mission. Please!"

Seeing her begging to let the problem deal with her own, Theresa's eyes lowered slightly and nodded, feeling proud of seeing her niece set off her priorities for important tasks.

"I got you. You're definitely my niece."

She then eyed the man she thought had taken care of her till death and smiled at him in gratitude. "And Y/N, I cannot thank you enough for your efforts to keep her safe and well...."

Y/N heard the nun's gratitude about taking care of Kiana.

He patted and played with his girlfriend's long white hair to keep her relaxed. The valkyrie purred very quietly, enjoying getting her hair played by her boyfriend.

"Not a problem, Ms. Theresa." He nodded back with his eyes blinked. The reply tone of his now more normal and relaxed compared to his slight sharp voice.

Afterward, they proceeded to meet up at the designated field. There was a steep snowy ground ahead, which they descended in precaution. Another steep ground on the left, and they proceed to walk to it the same as before. But unfortunately, they encountered a flock of small MECH Modules intercepting their routes.

However, Y/N spotted one of the unmanned white mechs that looked precisely like the Titan-type mech, standing still in its inoperable state. He wondered why it remained stationary out of nowhere.