1

"Mom, I don't want to go there. I don't like going to our hometown, you know that, right?". 

"I know my baby, but tell me what your mom can do. We have to go; they are our relatives. We have to go to their marriage.". 

"But mom, my college, my exam—everything will be messed up, you know that right. I will fail. I don't want to go, mom, please. I don't want to go.". 

"Aashika, end of discussion. We are going there, and you are not going to say a single word now.". 

"But mom ghosts live there.". 

Listening to this, her mother starts laughing, "Yeah, yeah, I know so many ghosts that you keep repeating religious songs again and again.". 

"Mom, it's not a joke, it's the truth. I have told you many times that if you are going to make fun of me, then I'm not talking with you.". 

"Ok, ok, go bring your bag; we don't want to be late for our train, do we?". 

"Mom. I. I, please." She showed her best puppy eyes to her mom. 

"Nothing is going to work; come now, we are late.". 
Saying this, she went out and started to talk on the phone with her husband. 

After some time, Aashika comes outside holding a bag. 
"Maa, is there no going back now? Are you talking with Papa Maa?"

"Yes, and I'm telling him to leave his troublemaker daughter here.". 

"I'm not. Papa, help me; I don't want to go.". 

Her mom put the call on the speaker. 

Don't trouble your mom. Aahsu mera baby

"Papa, you love mom more than me, I know." That she said and started looking outside. 

After some time, they reached the railway station. 

After 24 hours, they reach their destination. 

"Sitting at one place can make someone exhausted.".
"I'm feeling very tired just because of you, maa. 

"Sometimes I feel you are old and I'm young.". 

"Yes, mom, you are young; it's just that I'm not old, she said, grabbing luggage from her mother's hands". 

They soon reached their home, where a wedding was taking place. 

"Yes, my papa's brother's daughter is getting married; she is getting married to a doctor. Wow, I would rather stay away from any doctor than marry one. She herself is an engineer.". 

We enter the room, and yes, we are a bit late, just because of me. I didn't book a plan for tickets. I told her I did, but I didn't. She actually scolded me for this, and then she herself booked a train ticket. 

I stood beside Maa, and everyone was looking very... Worried, but why should they be happy?

"Mom, what happened there? Why do I feel like I came to a funeral rather than a marriage?". 
She glared at me. Wow, she is angry. 

"Aashika Radha runs away from marriage.". 

"What, why did you give her that much gut? I also want that. Oops, sorry, I mean, why did she run away? How can she do  that?". 
Everyone went silent.

"Aashika, you are going to marry him now." My mom said I was breaking the ice. 

"WHAT ..." 
"I'm not going to do it; I'm not going to marry any person whom I don't know; you get it.". 

"You have to do it." My mom, please me. 

"Mom, her daughter running away is not my problem; I'm not going to marry any person.". 

"Aashika, you have to help them; they will be embarrassed if this marriage doesn't happen today.".

I said I was about to leave the room, but someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back. 

"You like it or not, you want it or not, you are going to do it.".
My aunt told me to be angry. 
But why me? I'm not her runaway daughter. 

"I'm... ". I was about to say something but was cut off by a slap. 
My aunt just slapped me in front of so many people. 

My mom immediately came towards me and glared at my aunt. 

"She will marry, but if you even try to touch my daughter again, I will take her away. I don't care; do whatever you want.". 

"Mom, I don't want to marry." I told her softly. 

"Baby, nothing bad will happen; I'm always there. Ok ". 

"Pls mom". 

"Just do it, beta. I can't do anything your grandma has told them to make you marry because her daughter ran away.". 

They make me ready for marriage.
Marriage finished pretty fast. 
I know now there is going to be a lot of trouble. He didn't expect me to be his wife; he was going to marry my so-called sister. 

After marriage, everyone left; just two families were standing there. 

Now, who I know, my mother-in-law went towards my mother and said something I don't know, but it brought a smile to her face. 

We soon reach his home. Yes, he left alone. Now I have to be alone with some I don't know. 

"Aashika, you want to share a room or you want your own room.". 

"You don't mind marrying the wrong person. 
Aashi I should ask this of you; you don't mind.". 

He looks at me while asking something in me. He looks so handsome. 

I.. 

"I ask you a question. Aashika, you want your own room, or you are comfortable  sharing". 

"I'm not comfortable sleeping alone; I'm scared of everything here; it's not a city; we are still in our hometown; it's just a place change. I will die alone, but I don't think I can say all this to him.". 

"I will sleep alone." I said 

"Well done saying this; he kissed my forehead and left from there.". 

What was that? Why did he do that? What the actual hell...