16

"Aashi, stop playing games and show me." Ayaan said in a serious tone making aashika whine.

"But Ayaan, why are you being so serious? "

"Get out of that blanket, you complained about this last time and it's been a week. Let me take a look." He said and made her sit down and removed her blanket.

"Just stay still and let me check", he said a little softly lifting her shirt.

"I told you not to scratch, now look, it's all red. But luckily, there's nothing to worry about. Let me know if it persists and don't hide anything from me ok .Let's cuddle and sleep," he suggested as he pulled her close.

"How can you change your mood so quickly? Leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you." She said pushing him away but he peak her cheeks making her stop pushing him.

" Good night " He whispered closing his eyes.

________

Aashika found herself standing in a classroom filled with students who hadn't submitted their work. As soon as the class ended, she hurried outside and called Ayaan. When he answered, she immediately began complaining about Daksh to him.

"Aashi, don't you have other classes to attend?" Ayaan asked.

"Oh shoot, I completely forgot about my English class! The teacher is going to distribute the answer sheets. Bye bye, I'll call you later," Aashika exclaimed, realizing her mistake. She rushed back into the classroom and sat beside her friend.

"Aashika, why didn't you submit your assignment? You finished it, right?" her friend Kajal asked.

"Kajal, you want that devil to kill me! Let it be. I'm nervous that I won't get good marks on it," Aashika replied anxiously.

"What are you worried about? Nothing will happen," Kajal reassured her.

"No, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of Ayaan. I don't want him to think he married a completely dumb wife," Aashika confessed.

"But he did marry a dumb wife," Kajal teased. Aashika glared at her, and Kajal responded by sticking out her tongue.

"Shh, looks like the teacher is here," Aashika whispered. She prayed silently, "God, please give me good marks this time. I promise I'll study next time." Kajal chimed in, "Don't you say that every time?"

"What's your problem today? Why are you irritating me?" Aashika snapped at Kajal.

"Aashika, it would be better if you focused on the class instead of talking. Here's your marksheet," the teacher interrupted. Aashika took her marksheet and looked at her grade.

"Why can't I get good marks?" she sighed, turning to Kajal, who was peeking at her own paper.

"When will you start studying? Let me see your marks," Kajal teased. "It's not bad, dude. Stop making that pout. If it were your math exam marks, you would have danced all over the school."

After the class finished, they headed to the canteen. While walking down the stairs, Aashika tripped on something and fell.

Kajal quickly assisted Aashika in standing up.

"Kanak, what the fuck is your problem? I have already apologized to you for my mistake. Why do you keep troubling me?"

"My so-called sister-in-law, Aashika, if you can't walk properly, then it's not my fault," Kanak said, and walked away.

Aashika sat on the stairs, tears streaming down her face.

"It's okay, it's just a matter of time. She's just a mean person, don't mind her. Can you walk, or should I help you?"