2

AASHIKA

I was sitting in dinning room table putting my head down what I can do I'm hungry but there is nothing to eat.
And my recent accidental husband is no where to be seen God I miss my mom now.

I wait here for another half hours why it have to be night right now I'm scared I should go to him .

Not having so many rooms here so it's kind of easy to find

I knock on door it's within some minutes my husband whose name i don't know open the door.

"What happened Aashika why are you here now you should sleep it's late".

"Don't make me feel like baby and I'm hungry and I'm not able to find anything".

"Don't you eat anything in marriage ceremony ".

"It was more like funeral I said rolling my eyes".

"Our marriage seems like funeral to you". he ask her folding his hand on his chest

"Of course not I just........
I don't know what to say I'm hungry can you show me things so I can make myself something'.

"You know how to cook". he ask me leading me to kitchen.

"Yes I can cook maggie pasta and..... Bread omelette and tea of course". I said and looking at him and found him look at me.

"Ok then go ahead with Maggie for now". He said handling me the packet.

"Thanku ....... Don't you have any problem with this marriage you seems really ok like it's normal for you that you wife runaway and you have to marry her sister."

"Shut up and make you maggie I don't want to answer your nonsense question".

After making my Maggie I sit down on table he was sitting in front of me.

"So are you a student he ask me." I rise my head find him looking at his phone.

"Ooh yes I'm." I answer him again giving
my full concentration to my precious food.

"What are you studying then.."

"Again a question". I thought in my mind
"I've just started my college business administration".
After telling him I again set with my food.

"So you have Commerce background".
Again question.

"Can't you let me eat my food in peace why are you asking me about my study you are my husband not my mom dad or teacher so stop doing this. "

I must be aware of everything; I cannot have an ignorant wife.

"But you already have one, so what will you do now?" I asked, placing my plate of food on the table.

"You're still a child, Aashi. You don't have a boyfriend, right?" he inquired.

"I don't have one; I only focus on my studies. How is it even possible?" I replied sadly, reminiscing about my lack of a boyfriend before my unexpected marriage.

"Are you upset about that? You're truly just a child. Now I have to deal with a child," he said, not in anger but with his usual demeanor.

"Don't call me a child; I'm not," I retorted, glaring at him in an attempt to appear angry.

"Sure, sure, you're not," he said, engrossed in his phone.

"You can't speak to me in this manner," I exclaimed, slamming my hand on the table, causing my plate to flip and my maggie to spill onto my hand.

"Look at what you've done," I scolded him, visibly upset.

"If you're not a child, then don't behave like one. The food wasn't even that hot; you didn't burn your hand," he pointed out.

"Why do you even care?" I questioned, as he approached me, taking my hand and placing it under the running tap water.

"Do you even know my name?" he asked, to which I replied that I did not, at least I knew his name.

I do not understand why you think I know your name," I replied, pulling my hand back.

"My name is Ayaan, okay. Here, have this apple for now. If you want to sleep alone, that's completely up to you. But you can sleep on my bed with me, I promise I won't do anything," I assured.

"What do you mean? I don't like apples, I don't want it. I'll sleep in your room since you're insisting, but don't think I'm scared of ghosts, darkness, or anything else because I'm not, okay?" she retorted.

"I didn't even say that. Take this apple, you were hungry. Let's go to our room, I know you're scared to sleep alone," I suggested.

"No, I'm not. I already told you that," she insisted.

"Yes, yes, I'm scared to sleep alone. Let's go, I'm sleepy. Do you know who Radha ran away with?" I asked.

"I don't know her that well," she replied.

"Let's sleep, I'm sleepy," she said, covering herself with a blanket and heading to bed. I lay down beside her, pulling her closer and placing my hand on her belly.

"Remove your hand, you hulk-like guy. I'll die if you don't," she protested.

"No, you won't, Aashi. Now sleep," I said, holding her tightly.

"You're telling me to sleep or die, remove your hand. It's Aashika, not Aashi," she corrected, trying to move my hand away.

"If I hear you say one more word, believe me, Aashi, I will kiss you. So you better sleep," I warned.

"Aashika, not Aashi," she whispered, closing her eyes and trying to sleep. Within minutes, she fell asleep in my arms.

I smiled at her, kissing her forehead. "I always wanted you, I never knew God would make me accidentally marry you, my Aashi."