11

"Aashi, wake up," I said, but there was no response. I thought to myself, "What a heavy sleeper!" and rolled my eyes.

I tried shaking her more and more, but she still wouldn't wake up. So, I went to the bathroom, wet my hands, and gently placed them on her face. She couldn't stand the cold.

She sat on the bed, holding her blanket close and rubbing her eyes. She always looked cute when she did that.

"Finally, Aashika, you're up," I said, relieved.

She looked at me and said, "You're angry, Ayaan."

"No, darling, I'm not angry. Why should I be angry? Do I have a reason to be angry?" I said, raising my voice with each word.

She started biting her lips and playing with her fingers, looking down.

I sat on the bed in front of her, trying to make her look at me. "Aashika, is there something you want to tell me?"

She shook her head, indicating no.

I sighed in frustration. "Okay, tell me, did you rest today?" I asked her.

"I... I did," she replied.

"Did you leave the house?"

"No, I was sleeping. That's why I forgot to take my medicine."

"You didn't leave the house? Are you sure?"

"Why do I feel like he knows I went to college? He looks angry. God, save me," she thought to herself.

Aashika, did you leave the house or not?

Yes, I did, but I promise I come back after an hour or so. I didn't stay outside for long.

I asked her where she went, already knowing the answer.

I went to college. And just to clarify, I didn't have fries, I had a burger. Technically, a burger contains tomato, onion, potatoes, and buns, so it's not unhealthy.

Impressed by her response, i was about to leave, but she held his hand.

"I'm sorry," she said, looking at me now.

"Why are you sorry, Aashika? You did well. You had a burger, which according to you is very healthy, and you went to college just to see Deepak."

She quickly hugged me tightly, resting her head on his chest, and apologized.

"Don't be angry, my head is already hurting."

My anger dissipated as she embraced me. Ok after all she is still...what to say a dumb or a kiddo.

I hugged her back and placed her on my lap, but remained silent. I was upset about why my wife seemed to prefer my brother over me. She should have a crush on me if that's what she thinks she has on Deepak.

I grabbed the thermometer from the bedside table.

"Open your mouth," I said without looking at her.

She obediently did as i instructed. Good girl.

After a minute, I removed it and read the temperature.

I helped her get into laid position on bed.

"Aashi, I'm going to the shop to get your medicine. Before I come back, please change into something comfortable and wear a loose dress. Why do you wear jeans at home?"

"Oh, I forgot to change after coming home. And you gave me fever medicine last night, so why are you going outside?"

"Because the medicine I need is not at home. You stay here and watch something until I come back," I said, and left the house.

____

"Now that he's gone, I should also change," she thought to herself. She changed her clothes and got under the blanket, covering herself from head to toe.

After some time, Ayaan entered the room and noticed her all covered up.

He smiled and removed the blanket from her face.

She looked at him annoyed.

"You don't have to cough, right? Aashi, don't lie."

"I don't, and don't disturb me. Let me sleep."

"I'm not disturbing you. Can you just turn to the other side?"

Why was she looking at him with confusion?

I simply wanted to administer an injection so that you can recover quickly and see your brother Deepak tomorrow.

Upon hearing the word "injection," tears welled up in her eyes.
She sat on the bed, clutching her blanket tightly.

"No, I don't want it. Why should I turn? I don't want an injection. Give me pills instead, I will take them," she protested.

"I will give you the pills, but this injection is necessary. It will bring down your fever and alleviate your cold immediately," he explained.

"Then give it to me in my hand," she said, her lips trembling.

"Aashi, we are not discussing the hand topic right now. If you are scared, that's fine. If you are shy, then it's not. Look it's so normal. Now what can i do, we innocent doctors have to do it " he said in and chuckle

Upon hearing him voice, she immediately turned onto her stomach and looked away.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt," he assured her, kissing her head from behind.

She remained silent as he lifted her shirt and pulled down her pants to administer the injection. She tried to move, but he held her firmly.

"Baby, it's done," he said, removing the injection. She cried silently as he discarded the needle.

He came and lay beside her, about to hug her, but before he could, Aashi hugged him from the front.

He wrapped his arm around her body and began rubbing her back, knowing her sensitivity.

"I wouldn't talk to you, you idiot. I want to go back to mom. She doesn't scold me as much as you did in just an hour. It would take her at least a day to scold me as much as you did," she expressed, still hugging him.

He withdrew his hand and adjusted her clothes, kissing her cheek. "Let's have dinner after some time, okay? And don't cry, you look cute when you cry, and I want to kiss you," he said, covering them both and turning on the TV.

" If all patients become shy then how will the doctor do their work girl. " Ayaan ask rising his both eyebrows seeing his wife red face.

" Don't look at me like this. I've done operation and.... And you don't need to know other things. By the way I'm cardiologist. I will keep your heart healthy.... Since this heart just need love." Ayaan said chuckling to himself .

After some time, they had their meal and drifted off to sleep.