Part 77

Happy reading

Teju's POV:
Am I hallucinating things? Outside the operation theatre, I noticed my Sunny filling some white papers in his hands. He had no injury to his body. He looked fine. I feared to close my eyes in fear of Karan disappearing from my eyes. So, I moved closer to him without even blinking at him in fear of his disappearance into thin air. I took baby steps and reached near him. As if sensing my gaze, he lifted his head from the paper and looked at me. His eyes expressed a look of shock and astonishment.
Karan: What are you doing here? "he asked standing up, placing the papers on the chair. She moved closer and her hands raised and touched his hand making her flinch a little.
Teju: Sunny "She mumbled, her eyes filled with relief.
She... she felt it! He-- he is right in front of her in good condition.
She hugged him tight, closing her eyes and feeling him. He is alright! He is alright. It's not a dream. She can sense and touch him. He is really here! He is fine. He is alive. Thank you. Thank you God! Thank you very much for your love and protection. The happiness, relief and contentment when she hugged him could not be described. She felt a great sense of relief in her body.
Karan: Teju? "She heard a whisper above her. "Are you okay? Why are you crying? "he asked, his voice filled with concern.
Teju: Are you fine? Why are you in the hospital? "She asked him and was checking his body if she could see any wound on his body; he looked fine in her eyes.
Karan: I am perfectly fine. Tell me what happened to you? "he asked, wiping her tears.
Teju: "I...I...uhmm.. What are you doing here? Why didn't you call me to tell me you reached safely? Do you know how worried I got with the way you drove off so fast "She asked him instead.
Karan: I was just wandering on the streets to clear my mind. I just lost track of the time. So when I noticed the time, I drove fast back home but I came across an accident where this teenage boy was fighting for his life. And I remembered you if it was you who saw it you would ran towards that place and helped them. So I just thought to help him and called the ambulance and helped them and took him to the hospital "he explained clearly.
She was a little shocked hearing his words.
Teju: Where is your damn phone? "She asked outrageously.
Karan: Phone? "he mumbled and reached for his pocket in search of his phone. It.....it's missing. I guess I missed it at the accident spot ",he said after his search upon himself.
The more he said, the more anger aroused in her heart.
Teju: You! ",she shouted, holding his collar. Can't you keep a bloody phone safe when rescuing someone? Do you know what I went through when I got a call from your phone stating that the owner of this phone is seriously injured? I--- I didn't know what to do! My mind went blank. I-- I thought tha-- that I lost you. I lost my fucking mind. You fucking idiot. Yo-You made me scared! I-- I", he interrupted her by placing his fingers on her lips shushing her up.
Karan: Shhh! Calm down. Take a deep breath "he said in a raspy voice, holding her in his arms. I am fine. Calm down. I am right in front of you "he stated. She felt more relieved in his arms while her mind was registering that he is perfectly alright, right in front of her eyes, close to her. It was all a misunderstanding.
She nodded her head in return.
Teju: It was a great thing Karan!
Karan: What? "he asked, confused.
Teju: You did a great deed by helping that boy. I-- I am proud of you. Bu-- but, the next time you help someone, make sure that you don't miss your things, causing a misunderstanding. But I am really glad and surprised to see you ..um.. in this way "She expressed her thoughts.
Karan: I shall take it as a compliment. By the way, did you run all the way from your house looking like this just to see me? Or did you have anything else on your mind to say to me? Maybe a 'I love you'?
Teju: Cocky much. Why should I say that? "She asked nervously.
Karan: Why should you not? You ran to see me as you love me; as you care for me; as you have deep feelings for me which you are trying so hard to hide as much as possible.
Teju: No, She denied weakly. "I came because yo-- you were my friend Once and I-- used to care about you. There is nothing else "She tried her best to say her words firmly.
Karan: Once! Hmm he chuckled Is that so? "he asked, moving closer.
Excuse me sir", a voice came from a distance.
They both looked in the direction where a nurse was looking at them nervously.
Teju in her mind: Damn! I am totally embarrassed. What will she think of me now? Ugh! Who cares about her feelings? Not me. So just chill Teju.
Nurse: Are you the patient's relative? "
Karan: No. We are not. You just contact someone from his number. And here is the form that needed to be submitted "he said, giving the form to the nurse.
Karan: And would you mind seeing whether another phone is there along with the patient's belongings as my phone is missing? "he asked calmly.
Nurse: Sure sir " the nurse answered, nodding her head and walked past them.
Teju: I am going back "She said and walked her way out but Karan stopped her by grabbing her arms and stopping her.
Karan: Don't go. I can't let you go, ever ",he said in a determined voice. Please don't leave me ",she heard his pleading voice making her heart bleed with pain.
Teju: I am sorry. I can't do this ",she said, pushing his hands off her and walked past him. And ran outside
Tears flooded in her eyes and she felt a pain surfacing in her heart as if it was being ripped away from her the same pain when she came to know that everything was a lie between her and Karan.
Teju's pov:
Why do I feel like everything is coming to an end? A final conclusion?! I and Karan are not meant to be. He and I aren't the same. We both have different thoughts and minds. I lived my life with Karan yesterday. shall cherish that day for the rest of my life. Even though the love is deeper, hate is deeper too. So this is the conclusion of mine and his story.
The final conclusion!

So Karan is okay? And what is the final conclusion? I know this part will leave you guys wondering.🤷🏻‍♀️🙈