(Law) Chapter 21 - Capture

A/N: ... I'm just gonna be .... way way way over there... if you need me.... *Drops this and runs*

They'd been on the run from this particular group of marines for nearly two continuous days, and Law knew his crew was tired. Hell, he was tired, and he was used to less sleep. He needed to figure out how these guys were tracking them soon so he could counteract them, but nothing he'd tried so far had given them more than a couple hours of respite. They'd gone under as deep as they could for as long as they could, even circling underwater thermal vents in an attempt to confuse whatever tracking method the marines used, but still they followed, harpooning blindly into the water until they'd hit the Tang and forced them to surface for repairs that couldn't be made underwater. Now they were bombarding them with cannonballs.

So, not a good day, overall.

And the ringing of the snail didn't help.

"Talk fast," he snapped into the receiver as he picked it up. "Kinda busy here."

He instantly regretted his tone when he heard the voice on the other end. "Torao? Everything okay?"

Luffy. Law hadn't been sure he'd hear that voice again, especially not after nearly a week had passed since their awkward parting. He'd thought he'd ruined it all.

A cannonball came flying at him and he swore, activating the "antibacterial shield" part of his powers to deflect it. He was running out of energy to do that. "We're kinda under attack right now," he answered Luffy's question. "Marines. Been after us for days."

"Need backup? We can't be that far away...."

And put Luffy in the way of these relentless bastards? No. But it did give Law an idea. If it wasn't working to think like himself, maybe thinking like Luffy would help. Well, more like Luffy, anyways. "No. I think I may have a plan for how to deal with them. Did you need something, Mugiwara-ya?"

"No. Just wanted to check in on you. I'll let you focus on the fight now." He sounded a little... disappointed. But maybe that was in Law's head.

Law gave a little grunt as he sliced another cannonball with his sword. "I'll call you back after we get clear."

"Ok. Good luck!" And the line clicked closed again.

"Bepo! Any clue how close we are to the nearest reef?"

"Um... I think there's one around the next island, actually. Just a few hours out."

"Good. I need you to get us there and behind it, as quick as we can. We're gonna ground these assholes and board them. Disable their ships and steal anything of value." No more long distance attacks, no more caution, and no more running and hiding. "Get some space between us and them if you can. Pull the repair team if you need them, we won't be submerging for now."

Bepo looked surprised, but nodded and went towards the bridge of the ship, giving orders that were immediately followed.

Law, meanwhile, ran to the supply cabinet in his room, lifting the board inside the drawer that hid a small, secret compartment. Inside lay a small selection of carefully-protected "special" medications. He grimaced as he selected the one he'd need. He hated using these, but he was too tired to protect the ship without them right now. Pulling out two of the yellow pills, he carefully wrapped the rest up and put everything back the way it was. A quick drink of water and a hard swallow later, he was back out on the deck, sword in hand.

They'd managed to pull just out of cannonfire range, but the two ships were still in pursuit. Well, that was fine.

"That's right," he said with a smirk into the wind-whipped sea between them. "You just follow us. We'll deal with you soon enough."