(Luffy) Chapter 69 - Plans

A/N: So... um... the last half-ish (maybe third? wherever the scene change falls) is the part that starts in the direction I wasn't sure about taking it, but screw it, it's written, we're doing it. So I hope you like it.

Also, I promise, there will eventually be a wedding between these two!

"How can you still have more 'wedding stuff' to do~?" Luffy whined. "You've been shutting yourself in here for weeks now, Torao! It didn't take Zoro and Sanji this long to plan their wedding!"

For about the eighth time, Law sighed at him. "They were inviting maybe a fifth of the number of people we're dealing with, they didn't need to rent a venue, or coordinate docking and rides into the city, or hotel rooms. They barely had tables, much less centerpieces and flowers and an open bar."

"... Do we really need all that stuff? I mean, I want all the people and the dancing and of course the food, but other than that I'd be good with it being simpler..."

Another deep sigh. "We need the venue — it's the only rentable place within nearly two thousand miles big enough to hold as many people as you wanted to invite. We need to at least offer hotel rooms, because not everyone enjoys staying on ships for prolonged periods. For that matter, as much as I love our room and our ships, I'd be happy to be in a bed that doesn't sway with the waves for a few days. But the venue's going to be fairly simple, so then we need the decorations, and tables and chairs will make it more comfortable. The island the venue is on doesn't have a huge port near the venue, so any bigger ships will dock on the far side of the island, hence the coordinating docking and rides. And that's not covering the rings, the suits, the sound equipme-,"

"Ok, stop! You win," Luffy interrupted. "It's a lot to organize, I know. I just... I miss you. You're always so busy."

With another sigh, Law put his pen down and turned his chair, opening his arms. Luffy slid into his lap comfortably. "I know, babe. I know this isn't ideal. I just want to make this day memorable."

"We're not going to forget the day we got married, silly! Even without all the extras!" Luffy laughed, then leaned up to kiss his husband-to-be. "And you're especially not going to forget our honeymoon!"

"Oh no. That sounds like a plot," Law teased. "Lovely, are you plotting against me?"

"Shishishi. Definitely."

Law raised an eyebrow at him. "Can I at least get a hint?"

Luffy grinned, shrugged, and moved close to his ear. "We're gonna have lots and lots of really good sex."

He could feel Law's exasperated smile as he felt teeth lightly nipping at his ear. "I could've guessed that much... And don't I get any say in it? What if I just want a relaxing vacation instead of a fuckfest, hmm?"

"Then I guess I'll just take care of myself all on my own while you 'relax'."

"Don't you dare!" Law growled, sending Luffy into giggles.

"Mm, I could though," Luffy began placing soft kisses around Law's face. "Let you just sit in a chair, maybe a hammock or something, and watch while I try out all sorts of things... Make you keep those pretty eyes on me..."

"Tease."

Luffy gave into the full belly laugh he'd been fighting, snuggling into Law's shoulder. "You love me, though."

Law pressed a kiss into Luffy's neck, arms wrapping tight around his back as he muttered, "Sunshine, if that was ever in question for a single second, I would not be pouring hours into setting up a wedding just to make you smile."

"Or weeks. EONS..." Luffy exaggerated, but with a smile he knew Law would feel. Then he sat up a little. "So how much longer do I have to not see you so you can do wedding stuff? I mean, it's three weeks away. Are we gonna get any of that time to just enjoy ourselves again?"