(Luffy) Chapter 44 - Nightmare

With one last look at Law's sleeping face, Luffy slipped out of bed as quietly as he could as the first rays of dawn cracked around the drawn curtains. He had barely known what to say to Law's confession yesterday, but that didn't mean he wasn't thinking about it most of the night. He couldn't fix it, couldn't kill the man who'd hurt Law. But he could get Sanji to make a hangover-special and some strong coffee for when Law woke up.

By the time he'd made it to the Sunny's galley, Sanji was already up and getting out things to cook. "Morning, Luffy. You're up early."

Luffy nodded with a smile that he knew wasn't quite his full grin. "Yeah. Little trouble sleeping. Any chance you could make a hangover-special for Torao?"

"He got drunk?" Zoro said sleepily as he entered. "That doesn't sound like him... He barely even drinks during the parties." He draped himself over Sanji's back, only for Sanji to kiss him once and tell him to back off.

Luffy grimaced. "No details, but... we had a conversation last night that was hard for him." He watched as Zoro went from confusion to realization, and then waited until his first mate met his gaze. "He said you'd guessed correctly during a previous conversation, Zoro.... It's not from...similar personal experience, is it?"

Zoro shook his head firmly, understanding the concern. "No, Captain. Don't worry about it, it was nothing like that."

Unable to help himself, Luffy sighed with relief and gave Zoro a very tight hug that he knew would convey how worried he'd been about it. Sanji looked between the two curiously as he cooked, but didn't ask any questions.

"I need to ask you both something else, too," Luffy began as he let Zoro go. "How... does someone go about making their boyfriend feel good?"

"NOPE! Nopenopenope." In seconds, Zoro was under the table. And when Luffy peeked down there, he saw his first mate sitting cross-legged with his fingers in his ears and his back to Luffy like a little kid.

"Ignore him. The overdramatic, over-protective man-child doesn't want to believe that you're capable of having sex," Sanji explained, shaking his head, although not without a noticeable blush of discomfort on his own face. "I've tried to tell him that you're an adult, just as we are, but.... Well, just be glad he's gotten past the wanting-to-kill-Torao-for ever-touching-a-hair-on-your-head phase. To answer your question, though, all I'll say is feel free to use your hands and mouth anywhere you want, but be careful of using teeth. And watch for responses. Even if he doesn't tell you what he likes, if you watch closely you can figure it out. Now, tell Zoro it's safe to come out, would you?"

Luffy reached down to grab one of Zoro's hands and pull it from his ear. "I'm done asking, ya goof," he teased.

"Curly-que, you better not have told him anything strange!" Zoro returned to his seat. "It's bad enough Torao's corrupting him, I don't need to hear about it! And neither of us should be helping that corruption."

"This from the person who practically gave Torao permission to pursue him..."

"Aww, he asked permission? That's so sweet! Weird, but sweet," Luffy grinned. "Also, you two were the ones who had sex on a ship with a bunch of observation haki users. Usopp and Chopper had to flee to get out of range! Besides, who else was I supposed to ask? The only other person on this ship who has a boyfriend is Robin, and I don't even wanna know how her and Franky's thing works."

Zoro muttered something under his breath, turning ridiculously red. Sanji just laughed and winked teasingly at the blushing swordsman through some blushing of his own. Scarcely two minutes later, the cook handed Luffy two covered boxes of scrambled eggs, loaded with meat and cheese, one notably bigger than the other. Then he slid the handle of an insulated carafe over his arm.