(Luffy) Chapter 46 - Snail*

A/N: As usual, mature content is suitably marked. :D

Luffy watched the sun set into the red-tinted ocean as he waited with the snail for his daily call. They were almost halfway through this separation. Today was day ten. Eleven more days of only hearing Law's voice, and then he could see him again.

Ring-ri-

Luffy answered it before it could even finish ringing. "MonkeyDLuffyI'mgonnabeKingofthePirates!" He managed to get out, words coming too fast because he just wanted to hear that voice from the other end.

His haste made his boyfriend chuckle. "Good evening, babe. It's me."

And just like it usually did, that voice made his heart beat quicker and the rest of him sigh in relief. "Hi Torao."

"How was today?"

Luffy happily told him about the flurry of snow that had managed to — very quickly — almost cover the ship and how it had made for an excellent snowball fight until they got closer to the summer island they were approaching and it had all melted away as quickly as it came. He talked about the new fish he'd caught and Brook's newest song and what Sanji had cooked for dinner.

Then he turned the question on Law, who spent a couple minutes telling him about Shachi and Penguin fighting badly enough that Law had pulled out their hearts and squeezed a little before getting their attention and making them make up. He mentioned briefly that they'd been on a new island most of the day, but it hadn't had what they were looking for. Silence fell after Law finished, but only for a moment.

"Want to try something new, Luffy?" Law's voice from the snail changed to something soft and deep that sent electric shivers down Luffy's spine.

"Like what?" He asked, intrigued.

"A game, of sorts. That we can even play like this. This far apart."

Something in Law's voice told Luffy this wasn't going to be a normal game, but he agreed anyway.

"First, find somewhere private. Preferably with a lock, so no one can walk in on you."

With another shiver, Luffy activated his haki, trying to determine where on the ship his crew was. Or rather, where they weren't. Zoro and Sanji were somewhere below deck, somewhere he wasn't familiar with. Franky, Robin, Chopper and Usopp were in the aquarium bar. Nami was in the navigation room, and Brook was in the kitchen. No one was in the crow's nest, and that would work. "Hold on a sec, I have to put the snail down," he told Law.

Once the snail was in his pocket, he slingshotted himself up to the small room at the top of the mast and locked the door behind him. "Ok. I'm alone. In the crow's nest."

*Mature content begins*

Luffy could hear the smirk in Law's velvety voice as he answered. "Good. Now, lay down, and I'm going to describe an action I want to do to you, and anything with hands I want you to do it to yourself. Pretend that your hand is really mine. Anything else I describe, just imagine it. Okay?"

Definitely not a normal game then. Luffy gulped, but couldn't help the aroused shiver that thrummed through him. "... Okay." He stretched out carefully on the couch, a little nervous at what Law would ask him to do.

"I want to very slowly," Law dragged the word out teasingly, "take your shirt off, dragging my fingertips very lightly across your skin as I do."

Luffy did it, trying to imagine the Law's dry, cool hands in place of his own, and heard his own breathing hitch just a little.

"While I kissed you, deep and sweet like you like, I'd tweak your nipples as my hands slid across your chest. Pinch them and roll just a little, until you make those delicious sounds for me like you did before." Law's voice slid over him like raindrops, only instead of cooling where it hit, it warmed him almost uncomfortably.