(Luffy) Chapter 32 - Date

It really wasn't fair how the same voice that had made him come so quickly had also lulled him so easily into a comfortable sleep, Luffy thought as he woke up, disappointingly, in his own bed.

He wandered into the kitchen, following the smell of food. Sanji was the only one there yet.

"You're earlier than usual. Have a good night last night?" Sanji asked cheerfully. "You didn't have your midnight snack, either."

Luffy was about to answer, then managed a weak grin when he understood the too-innocent tone Sanji was using. "You're fishing... I'll give details for the betting pool when you and Zoro do. Since neither of our boyfriends appreciate it."

"Aww," Sanji pretended to be disappointed. Then his face turned serious. "But really, Luffy. Is he at least treating you well?"

Luffy thought back to the gentle kisses, the plan to take it slow. "Maybe too well. He almost treats me like I'm fragile. Like I can't handle the brunt of his affection for me."

"I understand.... Zoro does the same to me sometimes."

"And it's nice to be precious to him, but -"

"Also kinda stifling?" Sanji finished.

"Exactly!"

Sanji laughed at that. "Overprotective idiots, aren't they? But Zoro's finally starting to loosen up, so maybe Torao will, soon, too."

"What will I do soon?" Law asked, coming into the kitchen. He was followed shortly after by a bleary-eyed Nami and a sleepy Chopper.

"Join us for breakfast, apparently," Sanji covered snarkily as Luffy blushed a little.

"Well, not today, actually. Today I'll be stealing your captain away for a few hours for a date."

"Need packed lunches?" Sanji offered. "And does he have time for breakfast first?"

"Thanks, but no." Law reached for Luffy's hand pulling him gently out of the seat. He didn't seem to mind that Luffy couldn't bring himself to look at him properly. "I've got breakfast and lunch planned out. I'll have him back by dinner." And with that Luffy was dragged out of the galley onto the empty deck.

"Morning, babe," Law greeted, pulling him into a chaste kiss that was almost more goatee than lip. "How ya feeling today?"

Babe? Luffy managed to look up into those pretty gray-green eyes, not sure how he felt about the pet name. "...A little nervous, honestly."

"That's about where I thought you might be, and that's okay." Law's arms wrapped around him. "That's why I wanted to take you out. Just you and me, getting used to this."

"You're in a good mood, huh?" It was weird to see Law like this, but a really good weird.

"Yeah. It didn't really sink in yesterday that this was real, that you were mine, until I decided I needed to send you home."

"I'm not yours, Torao. I won't belong to anyone but myself." When Law's face fell, Luffy took a breath and added. "But not belonging to you doesn't have to mean not belonging with you..."

Law still looked a little crestfallen, but he pressed a gentle kiss to Luffy's head. "Of course. I should've realized you wouldn't like that. Alright, let's go." He stepped out of the hug and grabbed Luffy's hand again.

"What are we doing?"

Law just smirked down at him as a bubble surrounded them. Suddenly they were in the Tang's docking bay, next to a much smaller submarine, just a little bigger than the one Franky had made for the Sunny.