𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

-HER-

After meeting the matriarch, I decided to see Vittoria. After ensuring no one was following me, I tip-toed to her office. I kicked open the door I once feared to death and stepped in.

I was expecting to see Vittoria sitting at the table with a blank face and annoyance in her eyes to see me, but she wasn't there. I looked around to find no hint of her.

Didn't she come back with me last night?

I left her office and asked one of the senior priestesses, who told me the same— Vittoria wasn't in the shrine. She remained absent from the shrine for the next few days. I visited her office twice daily and went to the lagoon to look for her, but she wasn't there. On my way back from the lagoon, I stole a pouch full of red cigars. For some reason, the red cigars stood out to me. It was the only red pack among all the violet ones.

I snuck back into my room with them, closed my door, and opened my window before trying them. In the beginning, I went into a few coughing fits before ultimately getting the hang of it. Soon, I was feeling calm. It was after a long time that I felt so calm and relaxed.

It was hard to relax, especially these days when my training had begun. My whole body ached from the training. Our instructor, Nula, yelled at the two of us throughout the entire day. I was already starting to hate it, but I had to give my best. After all, I was competing with Arke. I couldn't let her win. Though one thing confused me a bit— Nula taught the two of us different kinds of moves.

The next day when I showed up at the training court, Nula was there along with a Smith. I knew what day it was when I saw the Smith.

We were going to be assigned a weapon of specialisation today.

After Arke had arrived, the Smith handed us our weapons. The Smith gave Arke what looked like a staff. I knew that it was a sword. However, I was surprised when the Smith handed me a small jewellery box. Arke smirked as I looked at Nula and the Smith, wondering if this was a joke.

"Open it, Arke," Nula commanded. I saw Arke slide a sharp sword out of the staff. The blade was lethally sharp. It reflected the rays with a blinding intensity when it caught the sunlight.

I stared with my jaw on the floor as Arke swung the sword above her shoulder. The blade cut through the air, making a sound that sent shivers down my spine.

"Theresa," Nula called my name, "Open your box," With my shaky hands, I opened the box to find a... dagger.

"What in the—" I cried, taking the dagger out. Surprisingly, it flawlessly matched my hand's shape. The blade was as sharp as Arke's sword. "What am I going to do with this?" I asked.

"This is your weapon," the Smith told me curtly, "If you don't like it, then you can fight with your bare hands,"

"No-no, I didn't mean that. I love it. It's beautiful. I will keep it, thank you," I said. The Smith gave me a final glare before departing the training court. Meanwhile, I stared at the dagger, still feeling deeply unsure.

"Let us begin our training for today. You two will fight with your weapons today, using the moves I taught you yesterday,"

"This is unfair! She has a sword, and my dagger is barely bigger than a kitchen knife!" I protested. "How could Vittoria give it to me—" I stopped midway when the realisation dawned upon me.

That Bitch!

"If you don't like it, then fight with your bare hands," Nula suggested. Arke was already ready to fight me. The smirk on her face was making my ass itch. I wanted to knock that smug look off her face.