Book 2: Chapter 8

-HER-

"I want you to smile and enjoy tonight, Theresa," He muttered under his breath and squeezed my hand twice before leading me further inside the room.

I felt everyone's eyes burning on me as he led me inside. I felt self-conscious almost instantly, feeling the urge to hide behind him or dash for the door. It was after a long, long time that I was the centre of attention again. Feeling so many people's eyes on me insanely made me feel wrong.

It reminded me that I shouldn't be here. In fact, it was the last place I should be at. I should've been back at the shrine, dead to the rest of the world, doing whatever Vittoria manipulated me to do and bullying Arke.

"Smile," Alex reminded me again, so I put up a smile, but I wanted to hide. I wanted to disappear and be a no-one again. Being a no one was so freeing, and I realised this more by being in that room with Alex.

Alex led me to the enormous dinner table. He made me sit on his left side before he sat at the head of the table.

After him, everyone took their seats, and a murmur rose slowly over the dining table. The stares intensified, pricking my skin like thousand needles. I swallowed hard, fiddling with my hands under the table, my gaze jumping from one unfamiliar face to another.

"Your Highness, it's an honour having you at the dinner tonight," One of the officials spoke, everyone's eyes still on me.

"And I brought a guest with me," Alex addressed the elephant in the room, which was, of course, me. "Her name is Theresa. She's a good friend of mine from Someria," He introduced me, and instantly some of the people flashed me polite smiles while some raised their glasses for me. The remaining continued staring at me, and they were none other than Alex's brother and his wife.

"From Someria," One of the officials noted, eyeing. "Which family does she belong to?" He asked. I swallowed hard again.

"I'm a commoner," I spoke up before things could go the wrong route. This peaked everyone's interest. I didn't miss some judgemental looks from a few people, including Celsa, at the mention of me being a commoner.

"How did you meet his highness?" Celsa asked, sporting a polite smile while her eyes were throwing daggers at me. I smiled at her.

"I was introduced to her by one of the court members during my visit," Alex interfered, shutting Celsa down immediately before I could say anything. However, I could tell that not many people looked content with Alex's answers.

I could tell that the rest of the dinner was going to be tense, and I was right. However, I did my best to keep a friendly face, smiling at the people and glaring daggers at Alexandros whenever no one was looking at me.

Meanwhile, I would notice how his eyes would often drift towards me, and he'd look at me in a way that gave me butterflies in my stomach. I'd always be the one to look away, avoiding him and all the damned feelings he managed to incite in me.

As the dinner progressed, things grew hotter between us. His gaze would linger on me for longer. Under the table, I could feel his toe touching mine, and he'd often tap me there whenever I'd try to ignore him. It took me every drop of patience I could muster not to lose my calm at the dinner.

The food was good, but I was hungry for something else— something that I'd never be able to have. That something was sitting right beside me, tormenting me with his ways, glancing at me heatedly, pushing me and playing with me while I tried to ignore the pensive stares on me.

I was afraid that if I found him alone after this then all hell would break loose. I wouldn't know how to hold myself back. As the dinner edged towards its end, I was mentally making a plan to escape to my suite alone as soon as possible.

I didn't know if he could read my mind, but just before the end of the dinner, he placed his hand on mine under the table and held me tightly. I sighed deeply as the sparks washed all over me, making my heart flutter in my chest.

I tried to ignore it but the way he was holding my hand made it harder for me. I now had to make a new plan to escape, but it was already too late. Alex dismissed the dinner party before he walked me out of there silently.

I was hoping to get back to my suite soon, but he seemed to have other plans because instead of going inside the building, he led me somewhere in a dark garden. I couldn't see a thing, but I could tell that he was able to see everything clearly in the dark.

As soon as we were in a secluded area of the garden, his lips collided with mine, and all hell broke loose. I don't remember what happened next, but I only remembered his lips and his tongue and his enticing smell in the night air.

I felt his hands all over my body, touching me, caressing me, pulling me closer while his mouth claimed mine. I felt him pull down a sleeve of my dress, baring my shoulder before his mouth landed there, making me moan out loud in pleasure.

I was clutching his clothes as he assaulted my neck with his delicious mouth, making me whimper with need. All the rationality I had been using to shield myself from him was nowhere to be found. Even my body was betraying me. I was giving in, inch by inch, but it wasn't enough for him. He wanted all of me at once.

As his mouth returned to mine, I felt my body burning for him and his mouth. I wanted to feel his greedy mouth in other parts of my body as well. I wanted him all over me and inside me. But I couldn't have him. I had to remind myself of this again and again, but his lips and his tongue made it harder for me.

"I wish I could fuck you right here," He muttered against my ear, stirring the sinful desire in me.

"No," I gritted, still fighting, but I didn't know how long I'd be able to keep up with the act. I was hanging by a threat now.

"Don't lie to me. I can smell your arousal," He growled. I swallowed and looked at his glowing eyes in the dark.

"I want that mouth between my legs," I muttered.

"Your wish is my command," He spoke darkly, lifting my skirt.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3