Book 2: Chapter 41

-HER-

After having such a fiery start in the morning, it was all I could think about for the rest of the day. It felt so good having his mouth on my pussy while I sucked his cock. It was the most vulgar and obscene thing I had done in my life, yet it made me feel more alive than ever.

I was looking forward to being alone with him again so we could explore more of each other— well, it was me who needed to do more exploring. He had seen enough of me, but I wanted to see more of him. I wanted to see everything about him and leave no stone unturned.

However, after we woke up, he pecked me and left my hut to meet the tribal members for important matters. After that, I didn't see him for the rest of the morning, although I was told that he was with the warriors and the tribal members, preparing for the confrontation.

Apart from that, some things felt odd around the tribe too, especially since last night after everyone saw the bad omen. I could feel the tension in the air, how everyone seemed anxious one way or the other.

It bothered me. It felt like we had suddenly ruined the tribe's peace with our presence. A few of the trial ladies tried to keep me busy by tending to me and doing my hair, but despite their efforts, my mind kept going to undesirable places.

I kept waiting to see Alexandros or anyone from our travel group, but all of them were busy preparing for the confrontation, which I was told would happen at night. They were going to sneak out, surround their village (which was much smaller than theirs) and confront the chief and the person who killed the woman.

For some reason, it didn't feel right. My intuition had been all over the place for the past few days, but as soon as I heard about the confrontation happening this soon, it made things worse for me. The desert had also been silent for some time.

I wanted to talk to Alexandros before he set out with the tribe because I was worried. I also needed to see him, be close to him, and be around him all the time; otherwise, it felt torturous.

I didn't like that they had to do it too soon. They could have waited a couple more days and prepared well for it, but at the same time, I knew that they wanted to take the Zanobas by surprise. They didn't want to give them time to prepare.

Still, I wasn't pleased with the timing, especially since we saw the bad omen right after the celebrations. Something was going to go wrong. Terribly. Even if my intuition was messy, I could feel that dreadful feeling deep in my bones. But I needed to talk to Alex first.

I needed to see, touch, kiss, and do so many things to him. The thought of it all made me groan in frustration.

Around lunchtime, I found an opportunity to sneak away from the ladies' attention and find Alex. I found him in his hut with his men, grimly discussing the plans. I waited outside, listening and waiting for him to finish before I could interfere.

When I finally got the opportunity to have him alone for a split second, I took it. I snuck into his hut after he was done instructing his men.

"Theresa," he gasped, surprised to see me, but I didn't miss how his eyes darkened as soon as he saw me. Instantly, his gaze filled my chest with an illuminating warmth. Just seeing him made the butterflies in my stomach go wild. "What are you doing—" Before he could finish, I threw myself in his arms and kissed him.

It was very unlike me. I wasn't the kind to initiate intimate moments, but the situation was different, and I had been dying to see him since the morning. Alex didn't disappoint me; he kissed me back with the same intensity and hunger, making my toes curl.

I clung to him while he devoured me, his tongue coaxing mine. A storm of emotions was brewing inside me, and I found it hard to contain. Even though we had been together in the morning, kissing him at that moment felt like it was after centuries that we had united again, and this in itself made me moan against his lips. And what did he do? He drank in my moans and kissed me with a burning ferocity that drove me wild.

It scared me to realise how much I had grown attached to him in such a short period. I was usually the kind to take things slow, have my walls high, and be too cautious, but he had destroyed everything. This scared and thrilled me at the same time. He had ruined me forever but in a good way. I could never do without him after this. I decided what I needed to do next.

"I'm going with you," I announced as soon as he freed my lips, making me gasp for breath. His eyes had turned entirely pitch black as he stared back at me. It took a couple of seconds for him to realise what I was talking about.

"No, absolutely not," He growled, wrapping his arm around me protectively. "I'm not going to take you with me so I could put you in more danger. The journey through the desert had been dangerous enough in itself,"

"It doesn't matter. I'm going with you. I've listened to your plans. I know everything. I need to be there with yo—"

"Theresa," he interjected with a feral growl, making me more determined to go. I wouldn't let him go there alone, especially after what I had felt for the past few days.

"I have to go with you, Alex," I pressed, cupping his face in my hands and pressing our foreheads together. "Please,"

"No, this cannot happen, Theresa," He pushed back with the same determination, "You are not going anywhere near that place. You're going to be here and wait until—"

"Please," I cried, "This is important. I don't feel right about this whole thing. I need to go. Otherwise, I'd lose my mind. You have to take me with you," I tried to convince him, but he seemed hellbent on not listening.

"Nothing will make me take you there," He persisted.

"So you're going to ignore the bad omen from last night? Are you going to ignore a woman's intuition?" I forced. He clenched his jaw and stared at me darkly. He narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"I cannot listen to you, Theresa, especially in this situation," he said grimly, straightening up.

"Please," I pleaded, blinking rapidly until my eyes stung with tears. I knew that this was a form of manipulation, but there was no way I'd let him walk into a death trap alone. He swallowed hard and looked at my tears, his eyes softening, but even after that, he looked steadfast in his decision.

"Let's be logical here," He stated, rubbing his hand on my back assuringly, "We have done extensive planning. The warriors and my men combined easily outnumber their members; they are unaware of my presence here. It's going to be a cakewalk,"

"Then why can't I go?" I sniffed, searching his face. "If it's going to be as easy and simple as you say, then I should be able to go, shouldn't I?"

He pressed his lips and looked at me hardk. I could tell I was getting on his nerves, but that was exactly what I wanted.

"Theresa, I cannot take you," He declared, his tone dismissive.

"I'm going with you, and you can't do anything to stop me," I challenged.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the complete book on Patreon. The links are in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: Veronica's Fallacy, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3