Book 2: Chapter 24

-HER-

A temporary silence descended between us after he told me about that dark incident. I remained quiet, trying to process all these things while I stared at his face. His eyes were still unfocused, telling me he was deep in his thoughts.

The tension remained in his body. I stroked his cheek gently, trying to ease that tension. His eyes flickered to me briefly before they flickered shut. He sighed deeply as I stroked his cheek gently, sending those sparks throughout the body.

I felt his breath grow deeper while the tension slowly eased out of his body. I moved my hand to his hair and ran my fingers through them. He moved closer to me until we were face to face. The tension on his face eased slowly before I thought the tips of his lips eased up into a gentle smile.

"Come to think of it..." He whispered, "he's fond of you too. He wants you the same way I want you and will do anything to keep you on my side. It makes me mind him less," He chuckled, opening his glowing eyes and giving me a heated look.

I tried my best to ignore the way my heart skipped a beat.

"But it's not a good thing," I told him. "Your subjects must feel uncomfortable knowing that their king is possessed. They'd think that that demon is controlling you,"

"I don't care," He dismissed sharply. "I have tried caring in the past, but it didn't matter. I'm a tyrant in their eyes either way. But I have you now..." He whispered, running the tip of his nose across my jaw and making me weak.

"Me?" I breathed.

"I've longed for a mate for far too long," He muttered, "When they put the demon in my body, it was guessed that I might not have a mate. Well, not guessed, everyone believed that having the demon trapped inside me would mean not having a mate. Especially because they wanted Dervis' line to continue ruling. No mate meant no heir. If I didn't have children of my own, then Dervis' children wouldn't have any competition. It was a conflict-free situation, so everything was planned accordingly," He spoke dryly. "It was hard for me to accept the idea of not having a mate at first. Mates are very important for us, but with time, I accepted my fate and learned to live with it... until you came along," A hint of hope in his voice tugged at my heart again.

He gave me a possessive look as he said that. The butterflies in my stomach were raging as he further closed the distance between us. His lips hovered dangerously close to mine, making my breaths shallow.

"Alex," I moaned as he pressed a heated kiss very close to my lips. My hands went to his neck immediately while my body started to heat up.

"My Theresa..." He muttered, "You're mine, and nothing can take you away from me. Not your brother. I wouldn't allow it. Whoever tries to take you away from me will face death by my hands," He growled, his voice was deeper and more guttural. It didn't feel like he was talking. I peered into his eyes only to find them glowing brightly in the dark.

But there was something different about his eyes. He blinked, and his irises split. I gasped, but he held me tighter.

"You're ours. You're not going anywhere else," He spoke, his voice sounding deeper. My heartbeats quickened, but for another reason.

"W-who are you?" I asked, my voice shaking. My nerves were still shaking after all the things he had told me. I didn't think I was ready to meet the demon yet, but looking into his split eyes, I had a feeling that I was talking to him.

"I'm Drucaoth," He growled, "And I want you, Theresa," My hands went down to his chest to hold him at a distance, but his strength was unmatchable. "Are you scared of me?" He asked but in a mocking tone. I saw hints of playfulness in his evil eyes.

"I want Alex," I demanded, trying my best to keep my voice still. I could feel the demon's aura oozing through me suddenly, making me deeply uncomfortable. I tried to squirm out of his hold, but it didn't help.

"He and I are the same person," The demon claimed.

"No," I snapped, but he didn't care.

"It doesn't matter. You are ours," He growled, turning us around until I was trapped under him. His heavy body trapped me well under him. He pressed himself against me firmly until I could feel all his muscles. Instantly, heat started to pool between my legs, making me clench my thighs.

"I want Alex," I demanded, but I saw his nostrils flare. Just to make it worse, the heat of his body was doing unspeakable things to me. I could feel his hardness pressed against my stomach.

"I can smell your arousal," He claimed. "You want us the way we want you,"

"No," I frowned. "Please, Alex. I want him!" I gave out a panicked cry. Instantly, his eyes reverted to normal. I relaxed a bit, but I still wasn't sure.

"It's me," He spoke. His voice sounded much more normal now.

"What was that?" I frowned, trying to push him off my body, but he didn't budge. Instead, he gave me a teasing smile.

"I'm sorry if that scared you, but he wished to meet you," He told me, pressing an assuring kiss on the sensitive part of my neck. Instantly, a throbbing started between my legs.

"I don't want to meet him," I told him sharply. In response, his chest vibrated with a dangerous growl that didn't sound like Alex.

"I'll keep that in mind," Alex told me, ignoring the growl and shifting us until we were cuddling again. "I didn't mean to scare you," He whispered sincerely this time.

"It's okay," I muttered, feeling overwhelmed. He pressed another kiss to my forehead.

"Good night, my mate," He spoke gently. "We'll talk more tomorrow night. I'll hear about you then," He said hopefully.

Well then, I had one whole day to make up some lies.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3