Book 2: Chapter 31

-HIM-

I tried my best to focus on the deadly desert ahead of us as we travelled, but I must admit that despite my mental fortitude, Theresa had found a way to creep inside my head and stay there all day.

It didn't help that she sat before me with her back pressed against me. It kept reminding me of what happened last night— her taste on my lips, her sweet moans calling my name, her thighs quivering and the way she came for me. It all felt like a part of a dream.

No. It was all real, and I wanted it again. Fuck, I wanted to have this every night for the rest of my life. Her taste still lingered on my lips, threatening to drive me insane with the yearning to taste her again, to have her curled up against me while she slept.

I wanted to hear her moans again, to look at me with that urgent need in her eyes that always set my heart on fire and made me crave more for her. My wolf and the demon were impatient for her as well. They wanted her as much as I did, if not more, and while I tried to enjoy her, there was a constant fight inside me. They wanted their turns, and I wasn't sure if I was ready to allow that yet.

I wanted more time with her. How I wish I could spend an entire day with her without interruption. I wanted to explore every part of her and leave nothing untouched. I wanted to brand every inch of her skin. I wanted to get lost in her essence, to become one with her until there was no beginning and end.

The thought made me ache more for her. My cock was hard and straining against the fabric of my pants. The way she gently shifted, I knew that she could feel it as well. This was how I had ached for her last night, but I didn't pleasure myself... no, not yet.

First, I needed to build that trust. I could tell that she was still hesitant with me. That was why she lied to me last night about her disappearance. There was more to it than she was willing to tell me, making me wonder about her more.

A considerable part of her was still a mystery I wanted to know. Last time, I had told her about myself, and now, it would be her turn. I wanted to know everything about her that was there to be learned, which would take time.

I sighed deeply. Patience. That's what I needed the most but was lacking at the moment.

She was like a rose— unfolding petal by petal, and each time, I'd be left so mesmerised by her that I'd start to notice the thorns less and less each time. The pain of knowing her would be worth it. I'd take everything she'd give me— pain or pleasure. I'd take all of it and leave nothing behind.

If she'd give me pleasure, I'd feel like the happiest man on this earth, and if she'd provide me with pain, then I'd wear it as a badge of honour. She was my queen, after all. I'd do anything for her. All she has to do is to give herself to me— mind, body and soul.

I'll have it all. I will have her someday, but I must focus now because survival is more important.

"What is it?" I asked, feeling the tension coursing through her body. She seemed stiff against me suddenly, her gaze fixed on the horizon. I glanced in that direction to find nothing but sand.

"Nothing," She whispered, but something was bothering her. This is where things irked me— her vagueness about herself ate me from the inside. The more I wished to know about her, the more she seemed to withdraw from me. This needed to end soon.

"We'll talk tonight," I told her instead of probing her. I felt her stiffen more, but she didn't say anything. The rest of the day was silent as we travelled through the deadly desert. Today, the sun seemed crueller than ever, but I kept pushing.

I was relieved when the sun finally went down, and we reached the place of the camp. Tonight, we were the last one to arrive. Everything had been already set, and the dinner was already cooking.

I immediately got busy with Lars to discuss the plans for tomorrow and then checked on other things. I needed to get these things done quickly so that after dinner, I could spend all the time with Theresa alone.

While discussing further plans, I watched Theresa eat dinner and chat lightly with one of my men. When he noticed me watching, he fell quiet and excused himself before walking away. Theresa saw this and glared at me before disappearing into our shared tent.

I finished everything immediately and went to the tent after a quick dinner. I was about to enter the tent when I heard her whispering. I froze and listened carefully. I had great hearing due to my wolf senses, but I couldn't understand much despite that.

Maybe she was praying? I couldn't tell.

My impatience got the best of me. I cleared my throat out loud to let her know I was entering. I opened the flap and stepped in to find her hair completely open. She was combing through it and looked up at me.

I stopped for a second and took in her breathtaking beauty. She looked even more beautiful with her hair open, yet I've always seen her having her hair up. That wouldn't do from now on.

She watched me as I went to my knees and ran my fingers through her silky dark hair. It looked so beautiful against her soft olive skin— reminding me again of our differences but in a good way.

"When we return, I don't ever want to see your hair tied," I ordered. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"And why will I do that?" She tested. Her face looked as if she wanted to see if I could answer that correctly.

"Because you look like a goddess," I told her, caressing her cheek gently.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3