Book 2: chapter 16

-HER-

"I'll give you time," He whispered, filling me with some actual hope this time. I stared into his eyes, unable to believe my ears for a moment.

"But we need to play the perfect couple in front of my court," He spoke.

"Don't worry about that, I'm great at acting," I assured him, finding humour in such a tense situation. His eyes twinkled in amusement before he threw his head back and laughed a deep, melodic laugh that had butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Of course," He grinned. "You'd be so natural since you already confessed to the court that you're in love with me," He dished out, instantly making blood rush to my face. I pressed my lips in a thin line as he got a kick out of it.

I wanted to push him back and give him a mean comeback, but he captured my lips before I could do that. As soon as our lips met, I melted against him like wax. His tongue speared through my lips and waged war with mine. I could still feel him smiling against my lips as he kissed me, making the butterflies in my stomach angrier.

The kiss started out as a playful and gentle one at first, but soon, it turned hot and passionate. The way he took my lips between his and sucked hard at it made my knees weak.

It was a good thing that his arms were wrapped around me. Otherwise, I'd have turned into a puddle. His soft lips felt so good against mine. He tasted like honey, but there was a faint smoky taste of a cigar that was unique to him.

Oddly, the taste felt familiar to me. I had tasted it somewhere else, but I couldn't remember at this moment. All my focus was on him and his lips and how his body felt against mine. Last night wasn't enough for me. I wish I could have him like that again and again.

I was too deep into the kiss to have noticed him moving. When I pulled back from the kiss, gasping for breath, I realised that he was sitting back on his throne while having me straddling him.

My skirt was up above my knees while my legs were on either side of him. His hands were resting on my hips to support me while he dived again to taste my lips. I gasped at the realisation. This was the most sinful thing I had ever done in my life. But he didn't seem to care as he took my lips again.

"This is scandalous," I commented, pushing back and trying to get off his lap, but he wouldn't let me budge. Instead, a devilish smile spread on his lips while his eyes twinkled playfully. "We are in your court! You cannot do this sitting on the throne!" I added.

In response, he tugged me closer until I could feel the bump in his pants brushing my inner thigh, stealing my breath away. The darkness in his eyes intensified.

"You know why doors were invented?" He asked. It was an odd question that took me back.

"Why?" I asked, clueless.

"To do scandalous things like these," He replied before colliding his lips on mine. This time as the sparks exploded, it felt like I was caught in a supernova. I didn't know his mere words could make me feel this way.

Suddenly, I wanted to be scandalous with him. I had already tried that last night, and I wouldn't lie; I enjoyed it a lot. The feeling of him between my legs, paired with the adrenaline rush triggered by the fear of getting caught did ecstatic things to my body. It made me feel alive in odd ways.

It was one of those times when I was glad I made it through.

I felt his hands wander all over me as he kissed me. The second heart between my legs was throbbing again, coming alive to experience the intense passion only he could make me feel. I groaned against his lips, wanting more. Of what? Even I didn't know, but suddenly, I felt hungry for everything... especially him. It didn't feel like I could just have enough of such things.

"You sound like you're into scandalous things," I whispered against his lips.

"My mere existence is a scandal, Theresa," He chuckled before we kissed again, forgetting everything in the world for a while. His words kept ringing in my ears. I was never going to forget it. It was so fucking poetic, I loved it.

Finally, we stopped when our lungs didn't allow us to continue with the passion anymore. However, I would have loved to continue, to explore, to be explored, to do more scandalous things with him. Just the mere thought of it excited me in unspeakable ways. I didn't know I had this side.

It felt like I was gradually discovering sides of me I didn't know existed. He triggered my shadow side, urging it to surface. It was scary and exciting at the same time. Suddenly, my mind was full of all the possibilities.

It felt like I had taken off the cover from my eyes, and now I could finally see again— see the colours and the depth in things. It felt like I had recovered one of my senses that I had lost a long time ago. But despite all these things, one thing remained— the shrine and the oath I took while becoming a priestess.

I had to do something about these two things. I couldn't keep ignoring it. Now that I have chosen this path, I have to find some way.

"Where did you go?" Alex asked me when I stilled, deep into my thoughts. I swallowed, thinking about Vittoria and the Matriarch. I needed to let them know that I was here and what I had agreed to do.

"I need a private messenger," I uttered. He froze and cocked an eyebrow at me.

"To communicate with who?" He asked.

"I cannot tell you that yet, but I need a private messenger," I demanded. Something simmered in his eyes before he nodded. "And you will keep your nose out of it," I mentioned, reading his thoughts.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3