Book 2: Chapter 14

-HER-

"Come here," He demanded, making my breath hitch. I knew better than to disobey him at that moment. He wasn't in his usual state. No. Something darker had taken over him.

I did what he told me to do. I left my seat and walked down the court aisle before ascending to his throne. However, I still maintained my distance from him.

"Are you alright?" I asked carefully while his dark eyes were burning on me with the scorching intensity of the sun.

"No," He growled. His body looked too tense at that moment. I was afraid to get closer to him than I was.

"I-I'm sorry for what happened," I told him.

"It's not your fault, Theresa," He assured me. This gave me some confidence to take another step closer to him. Meanwhile, he watched me like a predator. A predator that hadn't eaten anything for a long time.

"N-now what are you going to do?" I asked.

"It's obvious," He stated, a hint of possessiveness in his voice. "I'll mark and mate with you and make you my queen. I've had enough of these people. I don't care about them anymore," He growled.

"Alex, listen to me—" I tried to reason, but he snatched me into his lap. I gasped. I couldn't move an inch due to the way he was holding me, and I knew better than to struggle against him at that moment.

"You don't have a say in this anymore, Theresa. You're going to be mine, and you have to accept it. I'm done listening to everyone and being polite. I'll do what I should have done a long time ago," As he spoke, I could feel my heart trying to dig its way out of my chest. Something heavy settled in my stomach.

There was no going back from here. I knew that I couldn't say no to him anymore. After what I spoke in court today, it would be very hard to take it back.

A lot of things were running through my head as I thought about it all. This was the only way.

"Theresa," He spoke, his lips a few inches away from me. "You'll be by Queen. That's decided. You're my mate. You cannot tell me no after what you've confessed in court," He reminded me of it again.

I pushed away and stood up. He was surprised by the suddenness of my actions. I stood in front of him, pinning him with my eyes while he sat back, watching me grimly. His body was still very much tensed.

"Listen to me, Alex," I spoke, keeping my voice firm. I have made up my mind. So far, I have been trying to avoid this, but this cannot be avoided anymore. I had to have my skin in the game if I really wanted to get what was mine. He cocked an eyebrow at me and listened. "I will be here and be your mate, but you—" I pointed my finger at him, "You will help me get my throne back from my brother,"

The tip of his lips dangerously curled up.

"Is this some sort of a bargain?" He asked, amusement in his voice.

"Call it what you want, but this is my demand. You'll remove my brother from the throne and crown me the Queen first," I demanded. His eyes were blazing with desire and something darker. "Only after then, will I join Cromirea,"

"No," He growled. "You'll be mine first,"

"Alex, I don't want to join your court as an asylum princess. I have autonomy of my own, and I want to exercise it. I have lived in the shadows for a long time, but I cannot take it anymore. I'm done having others make decisions on my behalf. I want to take my life into my own hands," I told him, but he didn't seem to agree with that.

"Consider it, Alex. Your people wouldn't take it well if you crown me Queen this way. It would cause more chaos. Dervis is up to no good. If you take an extreme step like this so soon, then he'll act out, and he'll do it while you go to war with my brother," I told him. He tilted his head to a side, thinking, but that determination was still in his eyes.

"We need to focus on one thing at a time," I told him, and instantly his nostrils flared. He ate the distance between us.

"I'll start with you then," He growled darkly, wrapping his arms around me. My heart threatened to leap out of my chest. The determination in his eyes thickened. I placed my hands on his chest, trying to push him away, but he didn't budge a bit.

I watched in horror as his facial features changed a bit, his canines getting sharper while he almost looked like a wild animal. "I'll take you first, Theresa," His words made my blood run cold.

"Alex," I breathed, trying to reason with him, but he wasn't going to listen to me. No, he was done listening to me, but I needed to make him listen to me somehow.

"You're mine, Theresa. Stop fighting it. I'm going to mark you today, right now, right here. You don't have a say in this anymore," He growled, his mouth inching closer to mine. I kept leaning away, but he grabbed my hair and tugged my head to a side, baring my neck for him.

"Alex," I breathed, but it was already too late. His lips were on my neck, burning my skin. I quivered in his arms when I felt his sharp canines poking my skin. It tickled at first, but as he continued to increase the pressure, I started feeling uncomfortable.

"Alex," I protested for the last time. I couldn't let him do this yet. No. He cannot mark a priestess. This wouldn't end well for us. I wasn't concerned for myself at that moment. I was concerned for him. So I did what I had to do.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3