𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

-HER-

I had a dream... or a vision, I couldn't distinguish, but I was certain that I saw something. Maybe, it was the future or the past, maybe, I was living through it, or maybe, I was living through someone else... it was hard to tell, but I was certain about seeing something, but I couldn't quite understand it to put it into words.

It wasn't clear what I saw. They were just rapid flashes of things, faceless people. I saw things happening in front of my eyes. For a moment, it felt like I was time itself; apart from it, I had no sense of self, no thoughts... I existed in the form of conciseness.

However, I briefly remembered how it made me feel, even if it was just for a brief moment. At first, I felt this fuzziness that I had never felt before. I was excited about something.... or rather someone. I was with someone. I was happy, but then a cloud of chaos overtook everything, and in the next moment, there was nothing. I soon forgot everything. I tried to recall it again to understand what it was, but I got nothing.

All that there was left was stillness and peace. I had never experienced these two things so intensely before. At one point, I thought I was dead and living in limbo... but that couldn't be possible.

As soon as that realisation dawned upon me, my eyes snapped open, and I was awake. The first thing that I saw after waking up was an unfamiliar ceiling, but I could tell that I was somewhere in the palace because the interior structure and design of the room felt very familiar.

Then I noticed a couple of unfamiliar people in the room. One of them came to examine me closely as soon as they saw that I was awake. I stared back at the person quietly, trying to figure out who it was and what I was doing there. From their attire, I could guess they were healers, but what were they doing here... with me?

Then the memories of last night hit me like a lightning bolt. I shuddered instantly as the memories of the last night started replaying in front of my eyes. It was a miracle that I had managed to survive... but who saved me, and where was I?

I didn't get to wonder about that for long because soon the door opened, and the healers unanimously left the room. The way they rushed out of the room felt off and made me wonder more about what was going on. Though as soon as Alexandros walked in through the door, things were starting to make some sense... or were they?

His intense eyes instantly fell on me, holding me captive. The look on his face surprised and bothered me because I had never seen him look so angry but frightened at the same time. For some reason, I couldn't move as he stalked towards me like a predator about to leap on its prey. The tension in his body was visible, and the chaos brewing in his eyes disturbed me.

Before I could open my mouth to say something, his lips were on mine— sending sparks all over my body. I should have felt tense due to his suddenness and the dangerous energy oozing off his body, but instead of that, my body relaxed due to his touch. I had this odd feeling of safety wash over me.

He wrapped his arms around me, lifting me from the bed to kiss me deeper. A moan was dancing on the tip of my tongue as he kissed me heatedly. Instead of protesting, I gave in to his touch and needy kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss, pressing my body against his.

It all happened naturally for me... it was what felt best at that moment. It was as if my body knew what it wanted.

He kissed my lips passionately before moving to my jaw and down my neck, leaving behind a trail of wet, promising kisses. Meanwhile, I caught my breath, feeling those strong sparks watering the vines of pleasure wrapping around my body.

"Are you still hurting anywhere?" He asked, sounding and looking calmer than when he entered the room. I was still recovering from the highs of pleasure. "Tell me," He demanded.

"No," I breathed, "I feel perfectly fine," I told him, touching my shoulder where I had gotten a deep cut last night. I was surprised that there wasn't a single wound left behind on my body.

"Are you sure?" He asked, holding my face in his hands and searching my eyes deeply. He looked genuinely concerned for me, and it tugged at my heart for some reason. "My healers had worked on you all night. Even my mages had to step in because you lost so much blood," I heard the anguish in his voice, which added to my surprise.

It was a long time since I saw someone this concerned for me...

"I am feeling good as new," I answered, touching his hands. He leaned in and kissed me one more time, and I didn't protest this time too.

"I thought I lost almost lost you," he whispered, and for the first time, I heard his voice break due to all the heavy emotions it was laden with. He kept kissing my lips repeatedly as if he was trying to assure himself in some way that I was alive. A tear betrayed me as he kissed me on the forehead and hugged me tightly, burying his nose in my hair.

"I'm alright," I tried to assure him, but he didn't seem convinced.

"You!" He spoke pointedly after pulling back from the hug. He was still holding me as he looked me in the eye and told me in a commanding tone, "You are leaving this place and coming with me to my kingdom. I cannot leave you alone after what happened last night,"

"I can't!" I gasped.

"You don't have a choice," he growled. "You're coming with me whether you like it or not,"

_

The next 3 chapters are free on Inkitt. Read the complete book on Patreon. The Links are in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: His Scarlet Match, Saint, Mr Night Part 2 and many other stories.

Thanks for reading <3