𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

-HIM-

Her words made me forget what was going on. I let her lead me. I didn't know where she was taking me, but at that moment, I could focus only on her. Her words were still ringing in my ears. I was still finding it hard to accept the reality. It was hard for me to think that she was related to Theoron. All this time, she had been in front of our eyes, yet, no one saw her.

Not even me...

She was there, yet she was somehow invisible. However, I would admit that the clues were there from the beginning, yet they never crossed my mind. Putting them together to conclude this was too far-fetched. Her being able to meet Theoron and Herran sending an entire fleet of assassins after her— it was all starting to make sense to me now.

However, it didn't make sense why she didn't let me kill her brother. It was clear that her brother didn't want her alive because she was a threat to his throne, but still, she let him live.

Why?

But most important of all— where had she been all this time? Why did she return now?

I noticed that we were in a secluded area with a fountain nearby. My vision was blurred, but that didn't make me lose sight of her. I leaned against the wall, slightly panting while I watched her get some water from the fountain in the palm of her hands. I heard her mutter something under her breath as she walked towards me.

I watched her pensively as she held the fingers against my lips before gently draining the water. I watched her unblinkingly as she made me drink the water. As soon as I swallowed the water, I felt some instant relief from the pain. I didn't say anything yet as she gently started to pull my arrows out. I winced a bit due to the pain sometimes, but the water she had given me had already started to help me heal.

I saw her worried eyes as she continued to treat me, but still, I couldn't believe that she was Theoron's sister. I was suddenly questioning everything— from the point we met. Was it all planned all along? The way we constantly crossed paths, I had always thought it was fate bringing us together but was there something artificial about this all along? Was it another joke that Theoron was trying to play with me? Was Theoron trying to mate-bate me again?

Was she real?

As these questions ran through my head, I couldn't help but reach out and touch her face to see if she would disappear and the illusion before my eyes would finally shatter. Though all I got in return were intense sparks that made my wolf stir inside me, reaffirming the painful reality for me— she was real, her name was Theresa, she was my mate, and she was Theoron's sister.

"Is this your next disguise?" I asked her with a satirical smile, "being Theoron's sister?" I spat his name in disgust. At this, her glare hardened.

"You don't seem to be fond of this new disguise of mine," she commented darkly. Instantly, a growl erupted from my chest.

"I hate it," I growled, all the suppressed emotions inside me threatening to erupt like a volcano. I was shaking with anger. I had never felt so betrayed in my life before... I had never felt so hurt before...

She stared at me with eyes full of tears, yet through those tears, I saw pride. She was Theoron's sister, after all.

"I'm afraid you'll loathe me if I were to be Thereon's actual sister," She gritted, her voice heavy and wavering. Instantly, I closed the distance between us until our chests were only inches apart.

"Tell me this is not true," I demanded, shaking with anger.

"I'm Theoron's sister," She told me instead. I snapped, pinning her against the wall, but it didn't affect her. She still held my burning gaze with that Somirean pride in her eyes. "It's the truth, and nothing will change it," she told me calmly but with a wavering voice.

"No!" I growled, still not ready to accept. "You... you've been hiding this for me because you..." I trailed off, unable to bring myself to say the next thing because then it would mean that I was accepting this when in reality, I couldn't.

"I had warned you, Nico," She told me, her voice wavering, "I told you to leave me alone and leave Somirea fore—"

"I'm not going anywhere without you!" I growled, pressing my body against hers. "You're mine,"

"But I'm Theoron's sister," she reminded me. I took her face in my hands and reminded her again, "You're my mate first,"

"You can't escape the reality," she choked, tears streaming down her eyes. "You have to accept this. It's already too late,"

"I will never let you go," I promised, eating the distance between our lips until they were brushing.

"It'll never happen," She cried.

"I will make it happen," I promised before pressing my lips against hers. Intense sparks erupted instantly, enveloping us in warmth. For once, the cold world and harsh reality faded away as we kissed. I held her in my arms, not wanting to let her go until she was completely mine.

Our kiss was brief because we heard footsteps coming towards us. I got ready to fight in case they belonged to the warriors, but it turned out to be Lars.

"We need to leave right now!" he shouted as soon as he saw me. I held her hand, ready to leave, but she didn't budge.

"I can't," she cried. I turned to her and told her sternly, "I'm taking you with me, Theresa," Before she could respond, I bent down and lifted her in my arms before following Lars out of the bloodbath.

_

The next 3 chapters are free on Inkitt. Read the complete book on Patreon. The Links are in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: His Scarlet Match, Saint, Mr Night Part 2 and many other stories.

Follow me on Instagram- benita.ritz

Thanks for reading <3