Book 2: Chapter 6

-HER-

"Is it something that you do often?" I asked after pulling back from the kiss, hot and breathless while shooting daggers at him. Meanwhile, his eyes had turned completely pitch black while a guttural look hung on his face. He was staring at my lips thirstily, making me grow hotter for some reason.

"Do what often?" He asked, leaning in for another round. I leaned back, maintaining a glare and hoping it'd be enough to keep him away, but who was I kidding? The more I resisted him, the more motivated he got.

"Kidnapping princesses and coercing them into being with you?" I spat, putting my hand on his lips to block him, but he kissed it instead. I couldn't have been more mad at him at that moment.

"Nah, this is the first time. Usually, I don't have to put so much effort into getting a woman. Just a glance in their direction is enough," He spoke smugly, enraging me further. I felt a few sparks of jealousy in my chest. What am I jealous of? I didn't know, but it couldn't be because of the suggestion of him being with other women. Absolutely not. He could be with other women, and I wouldn't feel a thing. Speaking the truth is one of the highest virtues, and I take it very seriously.

"Then go have other women and leave me alone," I told him, suppressing the envy. This seemed to have made him more determined.

"Where would be the fun in that," He smiled, flashing me his canines. My heart throbbed harder in my chest. I was lying on the settee while he hovered over me. His hands remained on either side of me, trapping me.

"Is it all just fun and games for you, Alex?" I asked.

"I told you I'm a versatile man. I'm trying out ways to make you say yes," He spoke, running the tip of his nose against my neck, leaving a trail of intense sparks that made me feel hotter. I wanted to beg him to stop, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"I cannot say yes to you even if I wanted to. I'm not supposed to say yes to you," I told him grimly this time, hoping he'd stop, but my words seemed fuelled his determination.

"It's alright. Both of our ancestors killed each other. Consider we are now squared. We can start from fresh," He spoke, continuing to plan more heated kisses over my collarbone while getting threateningly close to my chest.

"It's not that, Alex," I told him.

"Then what is it?" He asked. "You like someone else?" He asked, raising his head to look at me. His burning eyes silenced me for a second as I stared at his beautiful face, inviting lips, and how his Adam's apple moved whenever he swallowed.

I wanted him, and there was no denying that. No matter how much I showed it on the surface that I didn't want to do anything with him, I still couldn't lie to myself anymore. I was beyond that point. But I had a lot more on stake than he knew, but I couldn't tell him about such things.

I couldn't tell him about the Shrine and my being sworn as a priestess there. I couldn't tell him about Vittoria and Matriarch and what they'd do to me if they ever learned I violated the Shrine rules.

I was already violating enough rules by being here. I didn't want to make things worse than this.

"What if I like someone else?" I wondered out loud, curious to see how he'd take that reason. He tilted his head slightly to the side, looking at me as if he was almost sure I was testing him.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Why would I tell you?" I asked him, studying his face. Would this be a strong enough reason that he'd leave me alone? "You wouldn't know him either way," I dismissed, trying to get up, but he pinned me down this time.

"You're playing with me again, Theresa," He stated. "And I don't like being played,"

"And I don't like being held here against my will," I spat back, using the same tone he used. Something in his eyes intensified before he asked, "Is this the person you'd go to if I let you go?"

"What if that's what I am planning to do?" I asked him, pushing him further. Something flickered in his eyes as he looked down at me. All of a sudden, I felt a shift in energy around us. It went from being passionate and playful to something dark and dangerous.

It made my internal alarms go off. Did I push him too far? I watched as he slowly sat up. I straightened up as well, never taking my eyes off him. I wanted to see his complete reaction. He stood up and reached for my hand.

"Why don't you take me with you then?" He offered, pulling me up to his feet. "I'd like to meet him," He spoke. I didn't miss the threatening aura oozing off of him and the possessiveness in his eyes as he said that.

"I'm not a fool," I told him, snatching my hand away.

"And neither am I," He spoke, stepping away. "I'm not letting you go from here. Not now, not never," He said grimly. "And I stand by my words always, Theresa,"

I shook my head at him. He was unknowingly committing himself to something impossible.

"Not this time," I told him.

"You're challenging me," He noted.

"I might be," I muttered.

"It makes me more determined to keep you here," He spoke. "And you need to be more careful about such things from now on because I'm starting to like it. You don't want me to get into such things, Theresa. It could be dangerous for you," He warned me, and he was dead serious this time. A shiver ran down my spine, but I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to push him just a little too far.

I wanted to see what exactly he was capable of. It was a stupid idea, but I still wanted to see what I could get away with.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3