Book 2: Chapter 28

-HER-

"THERESA!" I heard my name boom in the night air. The ferocity of the voice couldn't be missed. It made my heart shiver in my chest. My absence had been detected. Fuck!

I turned to look at Vittoria again, but I gasped when I found nothing but the desert ahead of me. I looked around for any hints or traces of her, but there were none—nothing, even on the sand.

She had disappeared...just like that. I know that I shouldn't be surprised by such things because she was the High Priestess, after all. She could do such things, but this shocked me. I stood there for a moment and wondered if I had just imagined her in the desert or if she had been talking to me moments ago.

I shook my head. Everything felt so dizzy all of a sudden. Before things escalated there, I needed to get out of here and get back to camp. I could still see the camp from where I was, but it was still somewhat farther.

I hadn't noticed that I had come so far. In time, I heard Alex's voice boom in the desert again, calling out for me. I could listen to the chaos in his voice. I had left without informing anyone after all. Everyone must be awake and worrying for me.

I almost ran to the camp only to find Lars flying across the camp and landing on a tent. A growl ripped through the night air. I immediately found Alex, looking more guttural than ever, about to attack another one of his men.

"ALEXANDROS!" I shouted before he could hurt another man. His whole body froze for a second. Immediately, everyone around him squirmed away from the spot, hiding in their respective tents, leaving the two of us alone.

In the background, I heard someone helping Lars. I wanted to check on him because he might have broken a few bones due to how he collapsed on the tent. But Lars could wait. I needed to ensure that no one else got hurt tonight. I needed to deal with Alexandros, who looked at me like a wild animal, ready to devour their prey.

Fear shot through me as I looked into his pitch-black eyes. Black veins were starting to circle his eyes, making the guttural look on his face more frightening. I felt all the blood drain out of my face as he turned towards me.

I wanted to step back as he started to stalk towards me, but I knew that would worsen the situation. So I clenched my fists and stood there as he closed the distance between us, looking more menacing with every passing second.

"Alex," I breathed, keeping my voice soft. "Are you there?" I asked. Even though it sounded stupid to ask that out loud, I just needed to ensure he was still thinking with his head rather than emotions.

In response to that, he grabbed me. No, scratch that. He snatched me like someone would take me away before heading to our shared tent. I wanted to fight against him and tell him to put me down, but I let him take me inside.

I needed to wait for him to calm down before I could talk to him properly. The way his eyes were swirling with so much darkness made me shiver with fear, but I kept myself calm. I was as calm as I could stay in the tent alone with the werewolf king possessed by a demon.

As soon as he closed the tent flap, he was beside me just in the blink of an eye. I had almost missed the way he had moved to my side. And before I could process this all, he was hovering over me while I was under him, both my hands pinned above my head. I was trapped.

"Alex," I breathed, trying to reach out for him because his silence scared me. He wasn't acting like himself. His chest rumbled with a murderous growl. I felt it vibrating through my body. I shut up and swallowed, looking into his pitch-black eyes before his face dipped, and he buried his nose in the crook of my neck, taking deep breaths.

I remained alert as he took in my scent as if trying to calm himself down.

"Where did you go?" He demanded after a couple of seconds. His voice sounded very different. It was dark and guttural. It sounded like an animal was talking to me instead of a human, which somewhat fed my fear. But simultaneously, I felt this anticipation— a strange sort of excitement shoot through my spine. It travelled through my whole body before culminating between my thighs.

Just in time, his hot breath brushed the most sensitive part of my neck, making me quiver for an entirely different reason. Fuck. That was not what I should have been feeling at that moment.

"Alex," I didn't intend to, but his name rolled out of my lips, wrapped in a moan. This made him stiffen.

He raised his head and studied me with his hungry eyes for a few seconds. The hunger in his eyes was real. It looked like he wanted to devour me but in a different way, and that made the heat between my thighs worse. I pressed my lips in a thin line, swallowing the moan stuck in my throat, but I doubted if I could keep it down if he continued looking at me that way.

Just to make it worse, I saw his nostrils flare. When I realised what that meant, my eyes widened— he smelled my arousal.

Fuck.

A growl ripped out of his lips, but it was laced with a groan, and if anything, it made me ache down there while I felt my juices pool between my legs. This intensified the hunger in his eyes.

"Alex—" I started, trying to find ways to reason with him, but all he did was shut me up by capturing my lips. Meanwhile, I felt his other hand between my legs, cupping me. I wanted to stop him, but instead, I gave in to the kiss.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3