Chapter 3

Lewis had a difficult time during training. He kept on being distracted with his thoughts straying the whole time to Max. It was so bad even his personal trainer called it quits, telling him to sort his thoughts out before he would harm himself because he was inattentive. Lewis had apologized but felt grateful when he could leave, rally having an off day.

Taking a quick shower, he let his thoughts slide back to Max once again, now being safe to let his thoughts wander. It had surprised him when the Dutchman had hugged George like that because he had found the bunny. At first Lewis had thought it endearing but then the legs of his pants had just slid up a little to reveal the redness on the back of his thighs.

What was even worse was that Max didn't even think this was a bad thing, almost defending his father and saying that he was to blame for it, that he should have done better. That combined with what he had said in his hotel room the night before didn't paint a really happy picture.

Everyone knew that Jos was a strict parent, demanding the best of Max, even thought there was only so much a person could give. And even though everyone thought the man was unnecessarily hard on his son, Max always jumped to his defence, genuinely thinking that there was nothing wrong with the man's behaviour.

Lewis snorted at that, stepping out of the shower and drying himself off. The man didn't even let the little have a crib, even though Max said that he'd otherwise fall out of bed. It was an all-too-common problem for a lot of littles, and most hotel rooms were quite accommodating for it, not even charging extra costs.

Thinking about the problem made him a bit annoyed at the fact that Max didn't search for help for it, but it seemed that he was too warped by his father to think this was wrong. Littles did have difficulty to defy their parental figures and caregivers though, so he guessed that it was just too difficult for Max to search help for it himself. That left Lewis with just one option, really.

He only hesitated for a second before he made his way over to the Red Bull paddock once again, knowing that Christian Horner would be there. If there was anyone who had authority over Max these days, it was him.

Christian was used to his work being interrupted, especially by F1 drivers. The men were often busy and dominant enough to barge in without making an appointment. Sometimes it were his own team that did it, but it wasn't uncommon either that he had secret meetings with potentials for taking up a future seat on the team.

Never in his life had he expected Lewis Hamilton to knock on the door, seeing that the man was happy with Mercedes, and even though the man was a good driver and decent person, Christian couldn't immediately see him fit in exactly with Red Bull, especially not working next to Max. Two too dominant drivers on the team could potentially ruin all their tournament changes.

"Can I have a word? In private?" the man asked, and Christian had to do his best to keep the surprise from his face. He liked to pretend that nothing could phase him in moments like this, it always gave him the best way to make deals and take advantage of a situation.

"Of course, come in and close the door," he said easily enough, gesturing to the seat across from him, "so, how may I help you?"

Lewis looked at Christian, only slightly feeling as if he was interfering something he should leave alone. But someone had to. He couldn't let this situation go on like this anymore.

"It's about Max," Lewis said, "do you know about his...classification?"

Christian looked in surprise at Lewis, not having that the conversation would go over that. He stayed calm and looked Lewis over, wondering what would follow after this.

"You know he's a little then," he stated, and he could see some relief on Lewis's face.

"Yeah, I do," Lewis said, "I have a feeling it's quite unusual for people to know,"