Chapter 58

Brad looked over at the bed Charles had started the evening in, the man immediately seeing the stuffies Max had given to the Ferrari driver the evening before.

"It's okay Maxie, they had each other," Brad said, his voice sleepy, and his eyes too heavy to stay properly over.

"But, he forgot," Maxie said, still feeling upset. He looked at Brad while he was standing, one hand on the edge of the crib, one arm clutching bunny tightly to him, "he's a meany,"

"What?" Charles said, looking surprised at the sudden judgement from the little, who's lip wobbled, and tears were silently leaking out of his eyes, he stretched his hand out towards them, but was successfully thwarted by the bars.

"Maxie, that wasn't nice, Brad said, sitting up straight and deciding that he needed to get awake a little more.

"But, he forgot," Maxie said.

Maxie was feeling very bad inside, knowing that he had treated the stuffies horribly in the beginning when he had just gotten them, and it made him feel even worse that they had been forgotten about, just when they started to be friends.

"Charles isn't used to sleeping with stuffies," Brad said, sitting up to his knees and putting one arm around Max's waist while he opened the lock of the crib with his other arm. Max immediately climbed out of the crib and grabbed the two stuffies.

"Say sorry," Maxie said, holding them out to Charles and looking at him with a serious expression. Charles looked at the little hesitantly, and glanced at Brad, who shrugged and looked a little cranky for the moment, probably from the lack of sleep.

"I'm sorry for forgetting you guys," Charles said, and Maxie nodded with an unhappy frown, holding them close. He looked around the room for a moment, before aiming his attention back to Brad.

"Don't like hospitals. Go away now," Maxie said, wanting the caregiver to get up and take him away.

"We need to get the doctor to clear you first," Brad said, getting up and looking at his watch, "I'm guessing they won't be too long, so let me first check your diaper,"

Max moaned and grumbled a little while Brad put his hand on Max's crotch, the little feeling anxious and just wanting to leave the place. He wanted to be somewhere at least a little more familiar than here. Normally, he would be going home now for a couple of weeks break, only he couldn't because he was still here.

Still, he followed Brad to the bathroom, still clutching all three stuffies while he tried his best to sniff back his tears, really not wanting to be there. A change later, and he was sitting on Charles his bed, a paci again in his mouth and looking unsurely at the two other caregivers.

Charles looked a little uneasy as well. He was still feeling a little shocked that Max had actually called him a meany, but it seemed like the stuffies really meant a lot to him.

Brad yawned, and pulled Max a little closer, the little immediately wrapping his arms around the caregiver's waist and snuggling into him. The sucking of his paci filled the room, and Charles couldn't help but yawn.

A sudden knock made Max let out a low whine and Brad was startled awake from where he had started to doze off again. A moment later, a doctor entered the room.

"And how are we feeling this morning?" she asked, sounding all too chipper and awake for everyone in the room.

"Want to go," Maxie said, half hiding against Brad.

"Ah, then let me check you out, and you can be off," she said with a big smile.

"Really?" Maxie said, sitting up straight and looking at the woman in surprise.